Nissan Frontier Forum banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to give everyone an update on the MX4 Bakflip. Ordered a little over a month ago (site said 20 business days for production and to ship). It's been ~25 business days now. Called them today and while it had a ship date in the system of the 19th, evidently they haven't started production on the '22 models yet. Their website currently shows delivery in mid-December, but I have a feeling that is just a formula based on today's date, and not actual shipping times. The rep I spoke too said they are pre-sale only at this point and they do not have an estimated release date at this point.

Fortunately, I don't need a cover for work or anything, but it is frustrating that they don't list pre-sale or have an accurate estimated time of production... Still emailing back and forth with them, will let everyone know if I hear anything different.
Thank you for that information. I ordered my MX4 BakFlip on October 13th, which is the day I noticed the website included the 2022 Frontier. On November 19th, I received a revised shipping estimate of November 29th - December 3rd. On November 25th, I sent an email to customer service to confirm that the one being sent is for the 2022 Frontier, but since it is Thanksgiving I do not expect a prompt response. I intend to call on November 27th and will post the response. Based on your post, I suspect that I will be getting the one designed for the previous model, which would not be acceptable.

·
Registered
'22 SV Gun Metallic, Premium & Tech Packages, BakFlip MX4
29 Posts
Thank you for that information. I ordered my MX4 BakFlip on October 13th, which is the day I noticed the website included the 2022 Frontier. On November 19th, I received a revised shipping estimate of November 29th - December 3rd. On November 25th, I sent an email to customer service to confirm that the one being sent is for the 2022 Frontier, but since it is Thanksgiving I do not expect a prompt response. I intend to call on November 27th and will post the response. Based on your post, I suspect that I will be getting the one designed for the previous model, which would not be acceptable.
I have the MX4 on order too (directly from Bakflip.com) and I received the same delivery estimate as you (on the same day) with the same dates as you. The Part # for the 2022 Frontier is 448538 which I will check when I receive it. Also if it doesn't fit properly, I will return it after I use it to drive from Houston to Fort Lauderdale and make them send me the proper one (at their cost). I do have faith I will receive the proper MX4 when estimated in the email.

One other thing, when I originally ordered it, my rep said they were making them in batches. He had said if I waited to order I would have a later delivery date because the earlier batch would be sold out. This still can be true.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
I have the MX4 on order too (directly from Bakflip.com) and I received the same delivery estimate as you (on the same day) with the same dates as you. The Part # for the 2022 Frontier is 448538 which I will check when I receive it. Also if it doesn't fit properly, I will return it after I use it to drive from Houston to Fort Lauderdale and make them send me the proper one (at their cost). I do have faith I will receive the proper MX4 when estimated in the email.

One other thing, when I originally ordered it, my rep said they were making them in batches. He had said if I waited to order I would have a later delivery date because the earlier batch would be sold out. This still can be true.
Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Ordered mid October as well. Here's the latest response I heard from their customer service rep. Hopefully it isn't too much longer.

Font Darkness Science Astronomical object Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the hard cover from rough country , which no longer lists it as compatible with 2022 models. I shot them an email saying I’d like to cancel if that’s the case and it coincidentally shipped the following morning. I’ll update you guys this weekend lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same boat!! Ordered also on the 13th of October and still nothing!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have been holding off on a new tonneau cover till Black Friday (today), to see if I could catch a break on price. I am wanting to pull the trigger on the Rough Country soft folding cover but have a question for anyone that owns one. I have owned I have owned a Trifecta cover and a Gator cover in the past. The Trifecta was great quality and sturdy but expensive and the Gator Cover was decent quality, a little on the flimsy side but very affordable. Right now the Rough Country price is between the Trifecta and the Gator due to Black Friday sales. So is the Rough Country just a rebadged Gator Cover and the same level of quality or is it closer to the Trifecta in quality?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed the rough country hard cover today. Easy install and I guess it fit.

Those that installed this cover, how much resistance do you get when closing the tailgate? I feel like if the cover sat just a little higher I wouldn't have to slam it shut. Then again I guess some sort of seal is needed back there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When did you order? I ordered on October 13 still no response
I ordered mine 11/17.

Double check with them, because here's what happened with me. I noticed they don't list it as compatible with the 2022 anymore, so I sent them an email asking if that's the case... 'cause why would I want it then. Instead of a reply to my question I got a tracking number the next day. Luckily it fits good enough, not sure if it's a glitch on their website or they figured they'd just send one and hope I don't ask too many questions.

·
Registered
'22 SV Gun Metallic, Premium & Tech Packages, BakFlip MX4
29 Posts
When did you order? I ordered on October 13 still no response
I ordered mine on November 9th directly from BakFlip over the phone. I received the email YESTERDAY (Nov 27) saying my NEW estimated Delivery Date is December 16 thru December 21. Previously, I received an email estimated Delivery Date of November 29 thru December 3rd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Ordered mid October as well. Here's the latest response I heard from their customer service rep. Hopefully it isn't too much longer.

View attachment 340015
Thanks. I called RealTruck a few days ago and could not get a straight answer. The best RealTruck could say is that BAK knows I ordered one for a 2022 and not a 2021. The last communication I received regarding shipping still shows that it is scheduled to be shipped November 29th - December 3rd. I did also notice that the part number for the 2022 is different from the 2021. One can only guess how many more times the shipping date will be pushed back.

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
143 Posts
I can't understand, when there have been multiple posts on the subject, that no one understands that the bed and rail set up on the the Gen 3 is the same as the Gen 2.
Several members have posted about using a cover that is for a Gen 2, (myself included. Moved my Truxedo from my 2020 to my 2022 in about 20 minutes).
There is no logical reason to pay more and go through all the aggravation I have seen on this thread.
Guys, give your nerves a break, just order one for a Gen 2. If for any reason it doesn't fit, a reputable dealer will take it back. But if a model designed for a Gen 2 doesn't fit without a bunch of adapting, then you will probably have the same issue with "a new and improved" Gen 3 model.
It is not that the Gen 3 model has any changes, (unless fitment was a problem on the Gen 2 design), it is a way they can play with your mind and jack up the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My brother in law has a Maxmate tonneau cover on his '21 Tacoma he got from Amazon that he's had about a year and it's holding up well so far. I took a look and Amazon has updated their Frontier parts listings to include the 2022 model year. Went ahead and ordered it with some TAC nerf bars. Should have it all this weekend and will post pics/discuss fit here. Got both for what I would have paid for just the tonneau cover so we'll see what it looks like quality wise. If not, always easy to return.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-4X
2 Posts
My brother in law has a Maxmate tonneau cover on his '22 Tacoma he got from Amazon that he's had about 2 years and it's holding up well so far. I took a look and Amazon has updated their Frontier parts listings to include the 2022 model year. Went ahead and ordered it with some TAC nerf bars. Should have it all this weekend and will post pics/discuss fit here. Got both for what I would have paid for just the tonneau cover so we'll see what it looks like quality wise. If not, always easy to return.
Excited to hear how the cover fits. I’ve got this one sitting in my cart on Amazon as we speak :cool:

141 - 157 of 157 Posts