Nissan Frontier Forum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
When I ordered the RC hard cover, it showed a shipping date of November 3rd, then it slipped to November 12th. Now it shows December 13th…. may have to look at other options
Everything is talking awhile these days. I ordered the Bak in the middle of October and still waiting on shipping confirmation. About at the 20 day business day limit they have on their website. Likely will contact them this week to get a status update.

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic Pro-4X
42 Posts
Everything is talking awhile these days. I ordered the Bak in the middle of October and still waiting on shipping confirmation. About at the 20 day business day limit they have on their website. Likely will contact them this week to get a status update.
Well I got a nice surprise today. I got a tracking number and the RC bed cover is arriving tomorrow! Just in time to see if it improves the fuel mileage on an upcoming road trip. Needless to say, the estimated shipping date on their site should be taken with a grain of salt, but it’s understandable.

·
Registered
337 Posts
All the foreign made stuff is taking forever because it's all sitting in containers waiting to get transported. When I ordered my Access tonneau, I received it 5 days later from the factory (North Dakota to Florida).
They are made in the USA!

·
Registered
24 Posts
RC cover installed. I also had the issue of the tailgate not closing. I had to relocate the clamp to lift the cover a little.

This is how it was suppose to be installed. This is the middle clamp which I did not relocate.

But I relocated the clamp nearest the tailgate to lift it a bit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
RC cover installed. I also had the issue of the tailgate not closing. I had to relocate the clamp to lift the cover a little.

This is how it was suppose to be installed. This is the middle clamp which I did not relocate.

But I relocated the clamp nearest the tailgate to lift it a bit.

Yeah I had to do similar to it as well, also had to pull the cover upward a bit in the middle.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV, Crew Cab, 4x4, Sport option
10 Posts
I finally bought a Tyger T1 soft roll up (2005-2021) from Amazon, here in Canada there's not too many choices.

This is not a perfect fit, the clamps are not made for the 2022 model, but I still manage to make it work. On each side there is a small hole (in front and in the middle) which allows the insertion of the clamp and at the back of the truck, I put a longer bolt with a nut.

It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing. Winter is coming real quick here.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas

Fixture Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior Composite material

Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Hood Wood Grey Automotive exterior Line

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
143 Posts
I don't personally care for any covers that clamp into the Utilitrack system. They too often are in the spot that I need to adjust to for a certain tie down use.
I also prefer a flush mounting cover vs one that rests above the bed at an angle or even worse one that has a gap. At around 80 mph they tend to get loud from a subtle "wind flutter".
Mine sits flush to the top of the bed, mounts inside the bed rails, and the tensioner gets rid of any wind noise as it ages and get a little play in it.
Just my preferences.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Truxedo Truxport cover, and can't get this kink out from the rear. I loosened and adjusted as much as possible, pulled it tight, but its still there. I thought it might after its been stretched for a few days, its been over a week and its still there. Any suggestions? I see other folks with soft covers who don't have any wrinkles so this can't be normal?
Automotive parking light Car Hood Light Vehicle

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Auto part

Computer Personal computer Netbook Grille Window

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
811 Posts
I have a Truxedo Truxport cover, and can't get this kink out from the rear. I loosened and adjusted as much as possible, pulled it tight, but its still there. I thought it might after its been stretched for a few days, its been over a week and its still there. Any suggestions? I see other folks with soft covers who don't have any wrinkles so this can't be normal? View attachment 339503
View attachment 339501
View attachment 339502
Is this brand new? Could be a manufacturing defect. Contact Truxedo customer service by email and attach a pic?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is this brand new? Could be a manufacturing defect. Contact Truxedo customer service by email and attach a pic?
I have had that model before, and it is very critical that you get it square to the bed. I have since moved on to the ProX15 flush mount with no problems.
If you wanted to exchange yours, they have very good customer service. Even if you don't want to spend the difference, if you call customer service and send them pictures they can help you resolve the issue. They may even send you a new cover.
If you had it installed by a dealer go back to them and make them correct it.
This is the fitment on the flush mount.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Truck
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have had that model before, and it is very critical that you get it square to the bed. I have since moved on to the ProX15 flush mount with no problems.
If you wanted to exchange yours, they have very good customer service. Even if you don't want to spend the difference, if you call customer service and send them pictures they can help you resolve the issue. They may even send you a new cover.
This is the fitment on the flush mount. View attachment 339504 View attachment 339505
It's not mine. It's NorthFrontier's tonneau. Post #129 (y)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was going by what you posted, "I have a Truxedo Truxport cover, and can't get this kink out from the rear. I loosened and adjusted as much as possible, pulled it tight, but its still there. "
I thought it was yours

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I was going by what you posted, "I have a Truxedo Truxport cover, and can't get this kink out from the rear. I loosened and adjusted as much as possible, pulled it tight, but its still there. "
I thought it was yours
No biggie. Those comments are what was posted by NorthFrontier in post #129. I was replying to him in post #130. You are right though. The cover needs to be square and the crossbars parallel too. Doesn't take much misalignment at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is the fitment on the flush mount. View attachment 339504 View attachment 339505
I might have to do that, I just looked at the pics and videos on their website, and that truck has the same kink after being installed by their tech.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Just to give everyone an update on the MX4 Bakflip. Ordered a little over a month ago (site said 20 business days for production and to ship). It's been ~25 business days now. Called them today and while it had a ship date in the system of the 19th, evidently they haven't started production on the '22 models yet. Their website currently shows delivery in mid-December, but I have a feeling that is just a formula based on today's date, and not actual shipping times. The rep I spoke too said they are pre-sale only at this point and they do not have an estimated release date at this point.

Fortunately, I don't need a cover for work or anything, but it is frustrating that they don't list pre-sale or have an accurate estimated time of production... Still emailing back and forth with them, will let everyone know if I hear anything different.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts