Nissan Frontier Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I actually just ordered the 2021 version from Tdot Performance. ill post pics once it arrives.
Yes, please post impressions and photos after install. It would be good to hear from another user that the fit is fine with the 2021 cover. My Pro-4X doesn't arrive at the dealer for another 4 weeks, so I am still waiting a bit longer before I order.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe y'all can help me out...

Got a rough country hard cover...and it doesn't let my tail gate close.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Followed instructions to a T and it just doesn't close. I called and emailed rough country waiting for them to get back to me....

I have a video too but it's not letting me upload it... anyone have experience with this type of issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
31 Posts
Maybe y'all can help me out...

Got a rough country hard cover...and it doesn't let my tail gate close. View attachment 338243

Followed instructions to a T and it just doesn't close. I called and emailed rough country waiting for them to get back to me....

I have a video too but it's not letting me upload it... anyone have experience with this type of issue?
Anything catching? ive added some past posts here for you to view fitment on other Pro-4x models. Not sure, but looks like the other ones are right in line with the end of the cover. Yours seems like it has a bit of over hang. Also, i did hear they were using the 2021 model with switched out product numbers for the 2022 tonneau.

Hopefully its not something bad enough where you need to send it back....
Got the hard tri fold, in my opinion it looks alot better than the soft one and fits like a glove.

Got the hard tri fold, in my opinion it looks alot better than the soft one and fits like a glove.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anything catching? ive added some past posts here for you to view fitment on other Pro-4x models. Not sure, but looks like the other ones are right in line with the end of the cover. Yours seems like it has a bit of over hang. Also, i did hear they were using the 2021 model with switched out product numbers for the 2022 tonneau.

Hopefully its not something bad enough where you need to send it back....
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Trigger

So I stood in the middle of the bed and pulled the cover up, slightly, with it in the closed position. It bent back a little bit at the rail points I took photos of...

Hood Grille Product Automotive design Grey

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper

Also the rubber looks uneven and like they half assed it

I was under impression rough country was a decent quality company, I am hopeful the nudge bar will be better QC.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
31 Posts
View attachment 338249
View attachment 338250

So I stood in the middle of the bed and pulled the cover up, slightly, with it in the closed position. It bent back a little bit at the rail points I took photos of...

View attachment 338253
View attachment 338252

Also the rubber looks uneven and like they half assed it

I was under impression rough country was a decent quality company, I am hopeful the nudge bar will be better QC.
Damn... that plastic cutting does looks quite shoddy. I'd clean it up with a utility knife. Looks like its what they tried to do...
personally I've heard both good and bad. I heard in the past they were pretty bad but have gotten better in time. Thing is... everyone's experience is different, and if you get a good sales person, it can make a world of difference. I have a friend who has the N3 Struts and has sworn by RC products, and another friend who spacers from them where they broke in the winter. (it gets to -50 normally).

I may give them a call and inquire about this. If its supposed to fit properly without you having to go in and "lift" it to fit. it could very well be a manufacturers issue. they may well provide you with a new one at no cost.

I personally went with the Bakflip MX4. should be here in a couple weeks. (way north Canada)

·
Registered
Black 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
23 Posts
I would fiddle with how it's mounted something could be off, mine doesn't bow like that, i'd loosen everything and try adjusting it till you can shut the tail gate. Still an issue make a warranty claim, i had cosmetic issues with mine and they just sent me a new one.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
23 Posts
from what I can see, it looks like you may need to move your entire cover towards the cab more. You need to unbolt the 4 connectors (in my 3rd picture in the last post I made) that you install last and reposition the cover.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

The cover is almost flush against the cab with the rubber bending all the way down.

It sort of seems like the whole thing was cut just 1/4" too big all around. Everything is at the extreme ends of the mounting.

I have an email out to them and will report back with what they do.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
811 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

The cover is almost flush against the cab with the rubber bending all the way down.

It sort of seems like the whole thing was cut just 1/4" too big all around. Everything is at the extreme ends of the mounting.

I have an email out to them and will report back with what they do.
That sucks to have to deal with that. As mentioned above, RC's reputation isn't terrible. I had RC steps on my 14 Tundra and they held up well but most RC complaints on the Tundra forum were suspension product related. On the cheap side. I like RC's accessories like that nudge bar. Hopefully RC will help you out with your cover which looks nice.

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
143 Posts
I cannot address the fitment of other brands, but I would like to show you all how well my 2020 Truxedo Pro X15 fits and attaches without a problem. No problems with it laying down flat, the clips went right on, there doesn't seem to be any difference in the fitment from my 2020 to my 2022.
In particular, I like the low profile of the Pro X15, and the material, not being vinyl doesn't show the dirt as much and has a nice flat finish.
Automotive tire Hood Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cannot address the fitment of other brands, but I would like to show you all how well my 2020 Truxedo Pro X15 fits and attaches without a problem. No problems with it laying down flat, the clips went right on, there doesn't seem to be any difference in the fitment from my 2020 to my 2022.
In particular, I like the low profile of the Pro X15, and the material, not being vinyl doesn't show the dirt as much and has a nice flat finish.
View attachment 338309 View attachment 338310 View attachment 338311 View attachment 338312
That fabric has a nice look! Any better pics from higher up with covering the bed?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just for anyone looking to purchase the Rough Country hard tonneau cover, an update...still waiting on pieces at it didn't come with, and had to modify it some more by bending some of the parts so it closes flush.

Very unhappy with RC right now.

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic Pro-4X
42 Posts
When I ordered the RC hard cover, it showed a shipping date of November 3rd, then it slipped to November 12th. Now it shows December 13th…. may have to look at other options

101 - 120 of 157 Posts