Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered the hard cover from Rough Country and it says estimated ship date 11/15/21...........anyone else have it shipped earlier?

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro4x Glacier White
37 Posts
Ordered the hard cover from Rough Country and it says estimated ship date 11/15/21...........anyone else have it shipped earlier?
They probably ran out of them and have to make more lol. A lot people are getting them. I know 5 people here in Frontier Club that just ordered and received them already.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Re: Canadian folks, myself included. Thankfully the border is opening to traffic again, I live 15 minutes away so I can either order a tonneau for pick at my drop box just over the border. Or drive to a local truck upfitter across the border and get a tonneau that way.

Prices are double in Canada and shipping is atrocious, so this will be NICE.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They probably ran out of them and have to make more lol. A lot people are getting them. I know 5 people here in Frontier Club that just ordered and received them already.
I'm going to try to order one up here in Canada so we will see what the delivery is.
Re: Canadian folks, myself included. Thankfully the border is opening to traffic again, I live 15 minutes away so I can either order a tonneau for pick at my drop box just over the border. Or drive to a local truck upfitter across the border and get a tonneau that way.

Prices are double in Canada and shipping is atrocious, so this will be NICE.
that's a bonus. It's a two hour drive for me to get to the Peace Bridge so not really an option. You could bring a new tonneau on every trip, it could be a side business ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Right, didn't know if they normally put ship times far out or not.

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
87 Posts
Personally, I have liked the Prox15 from Truxedo. It is waterproof, but the outside is made up of the same material as a convertable top. It locks down, and is secure with a locking tailgate. When I need the entire bed, it rolls up tight to the front of the bed against the rear window, and I don't lose any space.
The Prox 15 is a newer low profile that came out only a few years ago. It fits virtually flat, has cross supports that roll up, and I have found that I can roll it partially up and the velcro holds it in place. I have never tried that on a hwy, but hauling something tall in town can stay half rolled without a problem. I had this one on my 2020, and moved it over to the new truck no problem.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Truck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I fit a 2nd gen spec Tonno Pro LoRoll on mine... The width was perfect, but I'd estimate our 2022 bed length to be roughly half an inch shorter approximately. This was JUST my experience, so proceed with caution.

To get mine to fit, I ended up not using the end seals for each rail and trimming the bulkhead seal extensively where the rails meet it. Just to get both sides of the tailgate to latch closed properly with the tonneau cover closed, I had to loosen the latch on the drivers side of the tailgate and adjust the latch a little closer to the inside of the bed before retightening the bolts. Even with all that, it barely fits. I'm personally very satisfied with mine and love that the rail system is uninterrupted.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Grey Grille Carbon

·
Registered
87 Posts
I fit a 2nd gen spec Tonno Pro LoRoll on mine... The width was perfect, but I'd estimate our 2022 bed length to be roughly half an inch shorter approximately. This was JUST my experience, so proceed with caution.

To get mine to fit, I ended up not using the end seals for each rail and trimming the bulkhead seal extensively where the rails meet it. Just to get both sides of the tailgate to latch closed properly with the tonneau cover closed, I had to loosen the latch on the drivers side of the tailgate and adjust the latch a little closer to the inside of the bed before retightening the bolts. Even with all that, it barely fits. I'm personally very satisfied with mine and love that the rail system is uninterrupted.

View attachment 337425 View attachment 337426 View attachment 337428 View attachment 337427
That is why I went with Truxedo over the years. They have a sliding adjusment and adjustable front seal so you can adjust the fitment by probably 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
For anyone interested, it looks like Bakflip now has 2022 Frontier compatible MX4. Not sure if this is a new model, or an older one that they confirmed fits.

Now the trick for me is to find it in Canada...
I don't think it is exactly the same. The part number for the 2022 is 448538while the gen 2 is 448506. It's also about $100 (USD) more expensive.

Looks like the revolver X4s is available as well. Will decide and order shortly! Will provide pics once received and installed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't think it is exactly the same. The part number for the 2022 is 448538while the gen 2 is 448506. It's also about $100 (USD) more expensive.

Looks like the revolver X4s is available as well. Will decide and order shortly! Will provide pics once received and installed.
BINGO!!!! That is what companies will do when it comes to bed accessories on this truck. I saw another company do the same thing. Save the money, buy one for the 2nd gen model, and it will fit.
My truxedo is off of my 2020, and took about 20 minutes to swap. No adaption needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Ordered the MX4. Love the concept of the rolling but decent bit of quality concerns and the vinyl make me nervous as this will likely be parked outside as often as in the garage. Prefer the look of the hardcover as well. Says up to 20 days until shipped. Will let everyone know how install goes and provide final pictures. If anyone wants any measurements or anything let me know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered the MX4. Love the concept of the rolling but decent bit of quality concerns and the vinyl make me nervous as this will likely be parked outside as often as in the garage. Prefer the look of the hardcover as well. Says up to 20 days until shipped. Will let everyone know how install goes and provide final pictures. If anyone wants any measurements or anything let me know.
Too bad you already ordered it, if you prefer a rollup. The Truxedo Pro X15 is water proof rollup made up of the material used on convertable tops. They are designed to last for years, and are UV protected. I swapped mine off my 2020 and put it on the 2022 P4X in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered the Access original Tonneau. They have a different part # for the 2022. I'll post results once I receive it and install it.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts