Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the post. Good to know there is at least one good tri-fold now available. I heard back from Bak this morning (October 4, 2021) about the MX4 and was told the existing MX4 for the 2021 does not fit and they hope to have one for the 2022 PRO-X4 by the end of the year. No elaboration on what is meant by “hope.”

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Really interesting that the Back Country one fits but the Bak ones do not. Think I'm going to hold out for the Bak cover. Leaning towards the rolling Revolver series. but keep going back and forth. I know there are a ton of posts on Tonneaus, but would love any feedback for those that have used either in the past.

BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover | BAKFlip
BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover | BAKFlip

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks great! Now I just need to find one in Canada.
you and me both :)

for those who have had tri fold covers, do you find them practical? I've pretty much always had roll up tonneaus on my pickups to date. these look great and I want to get one for my 22 Pro4X, but i do on occasion have things that go in the back, so I need to be able to move it out of the way for full access. friends who had tri-folds have had issues with that.

·
Registered
2022,White Frontier CC Pro 4X
16 Posts
I got some work to still do on this Rough Country bed cover. I think my OCD made it harder than it had to be. Just need to tweak it here and there on a warm day.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does the 3rd panel fold up, or is it easy to remove? It looks like it takes up a significant amount of the bed.
The cover is easy to remove, really , this for me is a good option , In the NorthEast it’s fall time I didn’t want the bed of the truck collecting leaves and later snow. I like the fact that it’s easy to take off when I need the entire bed. I’m sure there are other options out there. I needed to get it on ASAP and Rough Country had this to fit the 2022 Frontier.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
12 Posts
bull I think the rubber just needs a few days to settle, mine is looking better but I did have to tweak it some when I was installing it, took my time and took around an hour to get it installed and mucho goodo :D

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
208 Posts
you and me both :)

for those who have had tri fold covers, do you find them practical? I've pretty much always had roll up tonneaus on my pickups to date. these look great and I want to get one for my 22 Pro4X, but i do on occasion have things that go in the back, so I need to be able to move it out of the way for full access. friends who had tri-folds have had issues with that.
I love the Bak G4 I put on my 2020 Pro-4X. No leaks, failrly secure against casual thieves and the 3 fold system works great, all the way up to making the full bed accessible if needed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does the 3rd panel fold up, or is it easy to remove? It looks like it takes up a significant amount of the bed.
It’s easy to remove, third panel is locked in place. When you have to , take a couple of minutes to unlock the twist screw to remove the cover. The last panel that locks is 23 inches I believe. I have had the truck up to 80mph with the cover on , no rattle or movement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s easy to remove, third panel is locked in place. When you have to , take a couple of minutes to unlock the twist screw to remove the cover. The last panel that locks is 23 inches I believe. I have had the truck up to 80mph with the cover on , no rattle or movement.
- thanks for the info - this is the only cover I've seen so far that mounts in the util-track, which is something I prefer vs clamping on the side. I wasn't sure about using a three panel because I like to throw a bike and tailgate pad in occasionally, but if its that easy to remove, sounds like it would work? So you just unscrew the cover and it pulls out separately from the mounted rails? In this pic it looks like there are two knobs on either side to unscrew?
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
16 Posts
- thanks for the info - this is the only cover I've seen so far that mounts in the util-track, which is something I prefer vs clamping on the side. I wasn't sure about using a three panel because I like to throw a bike and tailgate pad in occasionally, but if its that easy to remove, sounds like it would work? So you just unscrew the cover and it pulls out separately from the mounted rails? In this pic it looks like there are two knobs on either side to unscrew?
View attachment 337058
Yeah two locking knobs on a clamp slide easy to disengage and re-install

41 - 60 of 78 Posts