Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the promised pictures. It's the soft cover. The box is marked as fitting a 2005-2021 Frontier, so maybe any 2021 cover may fit a 2022 - at least any cover that fits on the top of the bed rails.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky Vehicle Sky Car Plant Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Sky Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2022,White Frontier CC Pro 4X
16 Posts
Just ordered the Rough Country also. Once I get it installed will also post pictures. I wanted to get the Bakflip but the Rough Country says theirs fit the 2022 so I went that direction.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
As a 1st time Truck buyer (and tonneau cover buyer), a question... How well do the soft covers hold up to snow buildup? Of course I would keep it cleared off, but we could get a foot of snow overnight where I live. I love the look of the hard covers, but obviously like the cost of the soft covers :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a truxport rollup on my last truck - when I lived in the snow belt of northwestern PA. It held up well with the snow and easy to clean off with a push broom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I think it's just the placement of that one little padded foot on this cover vs the overall covers themselves. I just threw it on right quick last night so may move it around a bit later to see. The tailgate closes just fine and doesn't get caught on the weather strip at all.

P.S. Yeah I think it's just a manufacturing defect with the foot placement on just my cover. All the other ones line up perfectly. It's just that one padded foot being a millimeter off. Not enough to bother me since I use this truck for work anyway. Photo of the pad that's a little off center.
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I think it's just the placement of that one little padded foot on this cover vs the overall covers themselves. I just threw it on right quick last night so may move it around a bit later to see. The tailgate closes just fine and doesn't get caught on the weather strip at all.

P.S. Yeah I think it's just a manufacturing defect with the foot placement on just my cover. All the other ones line up perfectly. It's just that one padded foot being a millimeter off. Not enough to bother me since I use this truck for work anyway. Photo of the pad that's a little off center.
View attachment 336655
I do wonder if this is because the Pro-4X bed is apparently 1/2" shorter than the S & SV trims. I haven't measured, but this is what I read.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah could be. Don't think anyone else has another one with a Pro-4x yet to compare. For me all that I cared about was that it fit and closed properly without getting stuck on anything. It's a budget Tri Fold so I don't expect it to be perfect. Now if it was a 1k hard top that's a different story lol.

But I do think RC did purchase an SV as their test vehicle if I am not mistaken. So if there is a 1/2 inch difference you could be on to something. Time will tell as more people start to get Tri Folds from RC, or even other manufacturers for that matter because I am sure they all just measure whatever truck model they have on hand and build from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is where I found details on bed dimensions vs 2021.

Bed dimensions
Length: 59.5 in. – SWB Crew Cab S/SV; 58.9 in. – PRO
Length: 59.5 in – SWB Crew Cab

Previously there was not a difference between trims. This could be a problem for fitting covers on the Pro 4X (especially Hard covers).

No idea why Pro 4X would be slightly smaller though...

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
208 Posts
My soft tri-fold from Rough Country showed up today. Installed it this evening. It fits well. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow once it's light out.
Cool, let us know if it leaks.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts