Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared the bed on the 2nd generation vs the 2nd generation? Interested in either the Bakflip MX4 or Bak Revolver. Any input on either appreciate as well.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Just put a mx4 on my dad’s Tacoma. The mx4 is so much lighter than my f1. Waiting for a deal to buy an mx4 for mine.

Reactions: FirstFrontier24

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just put a mx4 on my dad’s Tacoma. The mx4 is so much lighter than my f1. Waiting for a deal to buy an mx4 for mine.
Good to know. Looks like the bed might be a bit different. 61.4" for Gen 2 vs 58.9" for Gen 3 so assuming the same tonneaus will not work. Hopefully they come out with them soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Speaking of which. I reached out to Weathertec to see when the floor trays would be available. Customer service had no idea. Told me to sign up for updates to stay in the loop. He had no line of sight as to weeks or months out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reached out to BAK and it was a very similar response. They said that the Frontier is with their engineering team and they are working on it. No timeline as to when they will be available though.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-X
40 Posts
I kept the cover off of my 2019 Colorado thinking it would fit. It fits perfectly except the outside ends of the tailgate on the Frontier angles in on each side so the cover sticks out on those two corners. Does not look good. Guess I'll be looking for a new one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone have a good line on a cover? Obviously new to market but someone's gata have a lead.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro4x Glacier White
47 Posts
Rough County is already making a few accessories for our 3rd Gens. They have a back flip tonneau cover and a zip up cover. Level kit and 6” lift for S and SV trims, and a few other things.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
12 Posts
Rough County is already making a few accessories for our 3rd Gens. They have a back flip tonneau cover and a zip up cover. Level kit and 6” lift for S and SV trims, and a few other things.

Anyone tried this on the pro 4x? I am ordering this now

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro4x Glacier White
47 Posts
Anyone tried this on the pro 4x? I am ordering this now
It looks like it fits all Frontiers 05-22, all trims. A friend of mine got one of these Rough Country covers on his Chevy and it was really nice. Good build quality and finish. I’m going to try it and order one soon as I can.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-X
40 Posts
I think I'll try the soft Tri-fold cover. $269.00 The one from my Chevy Colorado would have fit except for the outside corners on the Frontier kicking in.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x
12 Posts
I ordered it, gotta pay to play. Just spent alot on the truck don't think I'll cheap out on a cover lol. Looks top notch and I like that it's aluminum

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't wait to hear how it goes. Cover looks really nice, had my sights set on the the Bakflip or Revolver but might jump on that one if it works well. Looks like it is just as low profile as the ones from Bak.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My soft tri fold from Rough Country showed up today. Probably won't have time to put it on till the weekend though. Box says Nissan 2005-2021 5ft cover so assuming anything that fits the 2021 still fits the 2022.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My soft tri fold from Rough Country showed up today. Probably won't have time to put it on till the weekend though. Box says Nissan 2005-2021 5ft cover so assuming anything that fits the 2021 still fits the 2022.
I think your assuming wrong. The box is a bit different I believe in length and height. About the only thing one can safely say is the same is the wheelbase.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think your assuming wrong. The box is a bit different I believe in length and height. About the only thing one can safely say is the same is the wheelbase.
Agreed, length is about 2" difference if I remember correctly. So unless it's adjustable in some way, I'd expect it to not fit correctly.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts