Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2023 Pro4x
22 Posts
Does the 2nd generation model tonneau cover and step board can fit in the 2022 3rd generation frontier?
I responded to a thread (link below) a while back, but in terms of the BAK Revolver X2 it does indeed fit. When I had my 2nd gen, the measurements between the 2nd and 3rd gen were only different by less than an 1/8th of an inch if I recall correctly. I've heard that even Softtoppers for the 2nd fit the 3rd relatively perfectly.

· Registered
2023 Pro4x
22 Posts
Also, for posterity’s sake, a 2nd gen topper will “fit” a 3rd gen’s bed. However the biggest offender in fitment is where the contours of the cab match up with the shell. The window even fits with the tailgate of a 3rd gen without modification. Pulled the shell off my 2nd gen when it was totaled and finally picked it up yesterday with my 3rd gen.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Also, for posterity’s sake, a 2nd gen topper will “fit” a 3rd gen’s bed. However the biggest offender in fitment is where the contours of the cab match up with the shell. The window even fits with the tailgate of a 3rd gen without modification. Pulled the shell off my 2nd gen when it was totaled and finally picked it up yesterday with my 3rd gen. View attachment 364841
You using the tape to do a dry fit before committing? R you planning to color match the cover? Just curious ;)

EDIT: I think the contour lines match very well compared to some others I've seen.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Does the 2nd generation model tonneau cover and step board can fit in the 2022 3rd generation frontier?
Probably fit fine. What may vary is the clamping method. Even if only due to supplier pref.

· Registered
2023 Pro4x
22 Posts
You using the tape to do a dry fit before committing? R you planning to color match the cover? Just curious ;)

EDIT: I think the contour lines match very well compared to some others I've seen.
Lol, didn’t want to get murdered by my wife if I scratched the brand new truck 😂. The lines do look good, I’m curious to see how different one made specifically for the 3rd gen compares. Quite honestly I’m going with a soft topper this go around anyways. I may be young and strong, but I’m definitely not throwing my back out lifting a shell again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts