Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Frontier 4.0 4X4 automatic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I'm a 1st time owner of Nissan period , I just picked up a 07 frontier 4.0 4x4 automatic for 2grand, a smoking deal, w/cab and custom wheels. , It has 100.000 miles on it ,.the check engine light came on so I put the obd2 reader on,it gave the code P0507, I did the idle relearn, it worked for a minute then light came back on,I went ahead and bought new throttle body and mass airflow sensor , I also noticed the rubber for the intake was cracked so got new rubber as well. I did the relearn for TB ,it went fine for a day then light came back on so I put the reader back on same code P0507 and the idle is hi too ,don't know what's going on,as I was driving it lately the truck would just die so researched that and put 2 new camshaft sensors and it hasn't died since but I still have hi idle ,the light went off but then came back on the idle was to high so did the relearn program ,light went off for a day so I replaced the throttle body did the relearn program for it and it worked for little while then the truck would just die but would start back up, then die again, so I replaced the 2 camshaft positioning sensors and it hasn't died since, but the check engine light is back on and it's idle is still high, she runs and drives good but it has me stumped on the idle . The work I've done was new throttle body,new nkg iridium spark plugs, new coils,2 new camshaft sensors,new mass airflow sensor that's it. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2007 Frontier CC
387 Posts
Hey, welcome.

You seem to have missed a few things, I'll grab them for you. Here you go: (. ? ! ,).

You may want to re-format your post, as it is currently hard to decipher.

·
Registered
2013 CC 4.0L 6MT
165 Posts
Sounds like you already checked and replaced cracked parts in intake path (vac leak). Research suggests checking components that can make engine think it has a load on it when it doesn't, like bad power steering pressure switch and alternator.

·
Registered
07 Frontier 4.0 4X4 automatic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are the exact OBD2 code(s) you are seeing at this point?
P0507 the same it hasn't changed since i started w/it. Is there a leak test i can do ? I just did the scan again and it also thru out a couple more things to check and thats upper and lower gaskets , thats why i asked if there a leak test i can do before i go and put new gaskets on.?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts