Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions about keeping or removing the factory mud flaps. I notice a lot of Frontiers don't have them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I personally removed mine and replaced them with Rally Armour Universal ones. Look a million times better imo. Plus there thinner and rubber-y instead of the hard plastic of the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
LOL seriously?

If you like the look with them on, keep them on, If not, take them off. It's your truck lol

Reactions: mo4130

·
Registered
31 Posts
Apparently, my passenger front side decided to take itself off already. I haven't even been off road yet and only have 3500 miles on the truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Apparently, my passenger front side decided to take itself off already. I haven't even been off road yet and only have 3500 miles on the truck.

runaway mudflap

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
LOL seriously?

If you like the look with them on, keep them on, If not, take them off. It's your truck lol

It's not just a matter of what you think looks best though...

Mud flaps help protect the paint on the road but can be damaged (and possibly contribute to additional damage to the truck) on the trail.

Street use=mud flaps yes
Trail use=mud flaps no

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
It's not just a matter of what you think looks best though...

Mud flaps help protect the paint on the road but can be damaged (and possibly contribute to additional damage to the truck) on the trail.

Street use=mud flaps yes
Trail use=mud flaps no
Of course... but you're stating the obvious. Or what I assumed would be obvious. :surprise:

·
Registered
266 Posts
im afraid to take my mud flaps off the truck. the amount of rock chips i have along my rocker and rear fender with them on is unacceptable imo. Id hate to see what it looks like after taking them off.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,358 Posts
I took the front ones off for clearance, left the rear ones one. Both are cracked, one's nearly ripped off but still does a little work. I wheel a little bit, so I expected some damage.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
For those that wheel/off-road...I hear the OEM mudflaps (that don't flex) can wrinkle the attached body panels ($$$$) if taking a hard direct hit from below?!? Assuming that's true, I know I'd opt for something more flexible if not totally removing them for any serious escapades.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
For those that wheel/off-road...I hear the OEM mudflaps (that don't flex) can wrinkle the attached body panels ($$$$) if taking a hard direct hit from below?!? Assuming that's true, I know I'd opt for something more flexible if not totally removing them for any serious escapades.
Yep 100% true. Previous owner of my truck did this and I have crinkled body panels where they once were. The day I bought the truck the mud flaps were the first thing removed.

As far as avoiding rock chips...
Pick your poison, rock chips? or dented up body? I'll take rock chips all day long.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I took mine off because I needed the extra clearance. After having a closer look at the significant rock chipping I'm getting now at the front of the rear wheel well I think I might have to put something back on the front. im looking at fender flares more seriously to.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just looking for opinions about keeping or removing the factory mud flaps. I notice a lot of Frontiers don't have them.
I like the look with them but I'm more of a stock kinda guy - too each their own though.

Sounds like a trip to the dealer if it were me - I have 5200 on mine and no issues like that. I assume (it better) that would be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Took mine off right after I bought the truck. They look terrible IMO and my truck is already scratched to hell from tight trails, so rock chips are of no concern to me anymore

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I removed mine about 4 years ago. I do not have an increase in rock chips that others have mentioned. Not sure why, i probably take the truck off road through mud 15-20 times a year, as well as driving in the winter with salt and other cinders on the road from november to april.

I think some paints are more easily chipped than others.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts