Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing at all about these chips, I see them on ebay claiming to give my 4.0 150hp gain and 40 mpg. Is this like a way too lean running engine or what? Would like to hear from some people that have had these chips for years, not the guys that had em for 6 months and love em. Any engine issues with these in the long run?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Traditional chips (Ebay) = trash

Tuner is the way to go. You'll get about the same MPG; maybe a little better. But the truck just 'feels' better. My wife drove it the other day, with me sitting beside her, and even she was smiling = Get it tuned!

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Let's use common sense here for a minute.
The old adage "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" applies.

The Ebay "wonder chips" are a scam Sacksquash, trust me.

If you want a tuner grab a Superchips, Hypertech or similar you won't regret it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tuners are getting only better and better, chips are crapshoots of the past

If you have the cash and you want performance go with superchips, it has WAY too many features to not be worth its weight in gold, but i only went with it because UpRev doesn't exist in canada

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
If you have the cash and you want performance go with superchips, it has WAY too many features to not be worth its weight in gold, but i only went with it because UpRev doesn't exist in canada
This isn't true. UpRev is world wide. You just get eTunes since there is no protuners there. Heck, there is a member on CT that has UpRev and he is in Dubai, the other side of the world, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts