Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a '05 or '06 Crew Cab SE 2wd with the power package. I read some reviews about the truck and it all seems good so I just want to know what you guys think first hand about your trucks. How is the availability of performance parts. I would like to install headers,intake and exhaust. I currently have 01 gmc crew cab 4x4 and i get 9 mpg with mud terrain tires. Gas here is close to $3.00, so I need a truck with better mpg. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an '05 King Cab 4X4 LE and I love it. It has lots of power and not bad mileage. I drive 40miles each way to work and have no complaints. From what I have gathered in this forum is that there are intake sytems, headers, full cat-back exhaust sytems, bumpers, tonou covers, and 2" lift kits out for the truck with many more parts hopefully this summer.

Good Luck, Jay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh, by the way, if you can still find a new '05 snatch it up because it is the same truck as the '06 but you save 2,500 if not more from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Ditto, if there is an 05 available, that's the way to go (if it's equiped the way you want that is!). Also, if you're looking for better gas mileage, any trim level will surpass the 9 mpg you're currently getting, but of the Frontier trim levels, the LE's and Standard transmission SE's seem to be the best on gas mileage.

There are plenty of aftermarket bolt on mods available, and more coming out every month, so I don't think you'll find yourself without choices when it comes to intakes and exhaust. There are even two choices in headers on the market. So, you shouldn't be disappointed by the options available!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
buying a new 05 now would be a VERY BAD INVESTMENT. you have TWO
years depreciation the minute its driven off the lot. buy a new 06 unless you can get
alot more than 2500.00 off the 06 price.

if you want an 05 i am sure you can find one used with low low miles and save alot
more than 2500 dollars for buying a "non current" truck

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
xtrememtbkr said:
buy a new 06 unless you can get alot more than 2500.00 off the 06 price.
Did you mean more than $2500 of an 05? I'm not so sure they are discounting the 06's that much yet!

if you want an 05 i am sure you can find one used with low low miles and save alot more than 2500 dollars for buying a "non current" truck
I'm also not sure finding a used 05 will save that much either. Around here I've seen new 05's advertised for less than used ones due to the incentives and discounts!

The two previous trucks 'veI purchased were left over model years that were also demonstrators. The discounts I got on them off the dealer lot left me with positive equity when I ran the numbers against Edmunds! I also got top dollar for each when I traded because I was considered the original owner, so it was a one owner vehicle with really low miles! (Note: the high trade value helped with the positive equity!) It really all depends on the dealership and what kind of deal you get on the new one! This is just my .02 on the matter, but is based on my personal experiences.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
xtrememtbkr said:
buy a new 06 unless you can get alot more than 2500.00 off the 06 price.
Did you mean more than $2500 of an 05? I'm not so sure they are discounting the 06's that much yet!

if you want an 05 i am sure you can find one used with low low miles and save alot more than 2500 dollars for buying a "non current" truck
I'm also not sure finding a used 05 will save that much either. Around here I've seen new 05's advertised for less than used ones due to the incentives and discounts!

The two previous trucks 'veI purchased were left over model years that were also demonstrators. The discounts I got on them off the dealer lot left me with positive equity when I ran the numbers against Edmunds! I also got top dollar for each when I traded because I was considered the original owner, so it was a one owner vehicle with really low miles! (Note: the high trade value helped with the positive equity!) It really all depends on the dealership and what kind of deal you get on the new one! This is just my .02 on the matter, but is based on my personal experiences.

i will type S l o w l y for you so you can understand me :D :D < smileys

buy a new 06 unless the discount on a 05 is alot more than 2500.00 off the price
of a new 06.

buying a new 05 in april for 2500 less than a new 06 is a VERY BAD INVESTMENT..

i got a big discount off the price of a NEW 06. (3500.00 more than "black book " for my trade in and it was a ford!! )
all you have to do is know how to deal with the vultures at the dealership

Any dealer can give more than the "edmunds" book on a trade in. An 05 bought
now will have lower miles at selling time, but it is still a year older with a year more
devaluation. Not to mention the' loan to value' amounts banks will lend on it are less
and interest rates are usually higher unless nissan finance has something special
on non currents.

i am a qualified automotive business/financial services manager....
so what do i know? :wink:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
pukas84 said:
Any problems where you had to take to the dealership or shop to fix?
zero problems so far. this frontier is the best initial quality vehicle i have ever had

·
Registered
733 Posts
mmendezm3power said:
zero problems so far. this frontier is the best initial quality vehicle i have ever had
I second that, I only had my frontier for 11 days i love it!!!!!!

Ma-tin[/quote]when did you buy yours? mine is about 11 days as well

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree, I have had mine for two weeks and I am not sorry . No Buyers Remorse at all. I saved thousands and got an excellent trade.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with the others, i have had my 06SE Crew cab for 2 Weeks and have not had buyers remorse.. I also had the same experience at a Ford Dealer that I purchased my last 4 cars. Extremely low trade and hihg purchase price. My Nissan dealer, a stranger gave me an excellent trade and discounted the truck to the point that I could not pass up the deal. Jump-in and join the Frontier Truck Group. :D :lol:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Buy it! Buy it now! You won't regret it. I dumped my Silverado with Duramax/Allison for my Frontier.

If you want the 2WD, get the NISMO with electric locker. Unless you don't want the auto transmission.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Im off for the next 2 days so going check it out. I read somewhere that the back seat was a little cramp. How do you folks rate the back seat in comfort and roominess.. My Sonoma Crew Cab was OK. Thanks for helping me out on this.

·
Registered
398 Posts
pukas84 said:
... I read somewhere that the back seat was a little cramp. How do you folks rate the back seat in comfort and roominess.. My Sonoma Crew Cab was OK. Thanks for helping me out on this.
Just the opposite. You'll find the Frontier has a fold down arm rest which is important for passenger comfort. If the Dakota/Raider doesn't have this fold down arm rest, then the Frontier is the only truck with one.

I'm 5-8 and feel the crew-cab has good room.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thank guys for the help just picked up a '06 Frontier SE, so far I really like it!!! Great power, hope the gas mileae is good too. Thanks!! oh yeah this is a great forum too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To Buy or Not To Buy

Congratulations on your new purchase. As for mileage, I have experienced 19.5 and 20+ MPG. I am impressed with the mileage. I was getting 18+ with my explorer sporttrac before I traded it :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts