Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4

Hi! I have been watching this site for a couple days now and after seeing all the awesome builds decided I'd go ahead and join up. I want to eventually make a build thread on my truck but for right now I think I'll keep it under wraps. The only upgrades I've made to my truck have been visual so far but I plan much much more. Hope to see you guys around.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome! What part of TN are you in?
Thanks! And I'm in the East TN, Sevier County Area

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you add pics of your ride, especially during any mods you do!
Thanks! And I'm posting from my phone and couldn't see how to upload pics. I think I may be on the regular site and not the mobile. I will try to figure it out, I'm usually pretty tech savvy lol

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Glad to have a new east Tennessee member. Maryville here.
Now a warning ..... This place can be addictive and expensive. About one year ago my Frontier was a quiet little 4x4. It had a spacer / shackle lift, 31" tires and some other cosmetic items. Now ..... Nisstec extended travel suspension, OME rear leafs, Bilstein rear shocks, Shrockworks front and rear bumpers, full Heftyfab aluminum skid plates, rock sliders, Smittybilt 12,000# winch .... and on and on. And I am very happy with how it performs off-road. :)

Of course there is always the next item or 12 on the wish list ........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to have a new east Tennessee member. Maryville here.
Now a warning ..... This place can be addictive and expensive. About one year ago my Frontier was a quiet little 4x4. It had a spacer / shackle lift, 31" tires and some other cosmetic items. Now ..... Nisstec extended travel suspension, OME rear leafs, Bilstein rear shocks, Shrockworks front and rear bumpers, full Heftyfab aluminum skid plates, rock sliders, Smittybilt 12,000# winch .... and on and on. And I am very happy with how it performs off-road. :)

Of course there is always the next item or 12 on the wish list ........
Yeah, customizing these trucks can be very addicting. Mine happens to be my daily driver so I don't plan on doing anything too crazy with it. Just a little 2 or 3 inch lift, I've been eyeballing the 2012 Pathfinder headlights, maybe some better speakers, nothing too crazy... For now lol

Cool! There's a few of us in the Mid-TN area, but quite a few more in East Tn. You're pretty close to Windrock park, which is where I always go to wheel and where the biggest Nissan off-road event east of the Mississippi is.
I've heard plenty of things about windrock but didn't honestly know how capable my truck would be there in its stock form.

·
Registered
814 Posts
For what it's worth, I've done quite a bit to my truck and it;s still my daily driver. Maybe a bit less fuel efficient, but still plenty comfortable... not that I'm trying to convince you of anything lol.

And Windrock has plenty of trails that are stock friendly. All the G trails are good trails to check out. Some my have a few small challenging spots, but nothing a stock Fronty can't handle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
For what it's worth, I've done quite a bit to my truck and it;s still my daily driver. Maybe a bit less fuel efficient, but still plenty comfortable... not that I'm trying to convince you of anything lol.

And Windrock has plenty of trails that are stock friendly. All the G trails are good trails to check out. Some my have a few small challenging spots, but nothing a stock Fronty can't handle.
Thanks! That's good to know. Oh and that's one bad*** daily driver. The problem I've found, besides price, is that most of the aftermarket bumpers just don't do anything for me and we have no headlight or taillight choices. I have a bull bar on the front of my truck right now and think it looks pretty awesome like that. The rear bumber could use some sorting at some point though but I just gotta find something that looks awesome.

Edit: I figured out how to add a picture to my first post ::grin::

1 - 13 of 13 Posts