Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time owning a truck that's not a 8 or diesel and I have to say I love my frontier. I have a 2012 Pro 4X. Just ordered airraid intake and tbs, bullydog gt and the jba cat back. Planning on purchasing LT headers and deleted mid pipes as well. Should I keep the bullydog or just go a uprev tune? kind of the same set up i had for my titan other than the jba exhaust it was a banks. What do yall think of the bullydog over the uprev? Never used uprev before. Plus have any of yall ever moded the stock subs? I'm in the San Antonio area. be great to connec with other frontier brothers

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
BDGT only has generic tunes that are likely based on a stock setup.
UpRev will/can account for performance mods IFF installed before the time of your tune.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
what are your goals? most money spent on least HP gains lol?

a lot of what you are wanting do to will only add sound. i would start with an uprev tune and have them dyno it and go from there.
otherwise you will end up with a box tune and a ton of bolt ons with an annoying *** sounding truck that moves about the same speed as your current version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah as for the sound I'll probably add a resonator at the end by the curve where the spare is at. I did it with my Titan and sound was much much better, drone was not a problem after. Was thinking of adding torque cones to the exhaust, not sure if I try them on the 2 inlets or the 1 outlet on the y split. So i can get some of that lost back pressure. As for the BDGT I guess I'll just sell it NIB for $415.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
uhhhhh v6 is a bit different on sound. i would really make an effort to listen to a bunch of v6 noises and make your choice.
I have owned at least one frontier at a time over the last 10 years and I have never had a desire to swap out the exhaust lol.

i have done a few different oem setups. if you do a 2-1 titan muffler on it, they sound pretty good.
a couple summers ago i had some leftover 370z oem resonators and removed my secondary cats and put those in place and truck scoots a little better.
it will end up sounding like a wet fart in a paper bag, and you will have seriously about the same power. i would skip CAI all together, the largest waste of money, skip tsb as well.

i have seen a couple guys add branch resonators on an monster oem exhaust, and i think thats the only exhaust note i have liked on a frontier.
nothing against anyone that can put up with all those annoying noises, to each their own. but its a large waste of time and money for very little gains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts