Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently installed an EZ tailgate shock I WANT MORE. I was camping with a friend of mine who drive a Titan. Helped him unload some stuff from the bed of his truck and opened the tailgate for him. Couldn't help but to notice how "light" his tailgate felt; both on going down but up. The truth is that the titan has a much heavier TG than our Frontiers. So much so that they needed to install an assist device.

Though the EZ down really helps out on the down, lifting the TG up is jsut as hard or even harder. I did notice that the gas shock used for the EZ down only provides resistance in the down direction, and the compression of the shock is almost effortless. Almost. It would be nice to have something help with the up.

I was wondering if anyone added one of these titan assist hinges to our truck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
bump, because I also want to know haha

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
subbed if this goes somewhere

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks like you would have to buy the right side hinge, the gas shock and something to anchor it to on the top.
The titan does not have a gas shock. If it does it is hidden and does not feel like a typically shock. From what I can tell the ball mount is tucked away in the corner of the bed side, there must be an anchor point that attaches to the ball. All of the assist is done inside the hinge with a clock spring.

how much are they.
About $50

·
Super Moderator
19,660 Posts
The titan does not have a gas shock. If it does it is hidden and does not feel like a typically shock. From what I can tell the ball mount is tucked away in the corner of the bed side, there must be an anchor point that attaches to the ball. All of the assist is done inside the hinge with a clock spring.

About $50
It certainly has one. It's concealed behind the right taillight assembly.

http://nissan4u.com/parts/titan/us_a60/2006_6/type_45/body_back_door_and_rear_body/rear_gate_and_fitting/illustration_1/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts