Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the build sheet for the top hats glamisdude was making for the t swap? Since he is Mia now for 2 years. Need to build a set for me

·
Registered
847 Posts
Here is the Glamisdude thread.....or maybe you already read thru it and the info is not there ?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ya if i re-call correctly its a long convoluted story about the MIA and the specs.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just built mine with the ADO top hats. They are extremely helpful. I struggled getting mine together, ended up using my stock rubber washer thingy vs the new because I couldn't get the thing installed otherwise. Also, had to go get some grade 8 washers since one has to go up inside the top hat.

I used the Moog 81092 coils, kinda wish I went with a different coil. Although, it rides fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just built mine with the ADO top hats. They are extremely helpful. I struggled getting mine together, ended up using my stock rubber washer thingy vs the new because I couldn't get the thing installed otherwise. Also, had to go get some grade 8 washers since one has to go up inside the top hat.

I used the Moog 81092 coils, kinda wish I went with a different coil. Although, it rides fine.
Do you have any idea how tall the pipe is that the shock bolted to? That's where I am having an issue. Also, what dont you like about those springs?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you have any idea how tall the pipe is that the shock bolted to? That's where I am having an issue. Also, what dont you like about those springs?
Not sure on the dimensions. I recommend reaching out to ADO, they are very helpful.

Springs are ok, but I feel like a lower spring rate would have been better. I discussed this with Chad at ADO and he recommended a few. I chose this since I have the Hefty Fab bumper and plan on getting a winch. It's really not a big deal, truck rides great. The spring "looks" like it has too many coils for this application, but that's just to my eyes, still rides fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When we're in the shop on Monday we can check the depth on ours for you. It might help to shoot us a pm or email so I have a reminder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts