Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. So as I've posted in a few other threads I recently became fully Titan swapped (even the 205) and and have gone on a couple trips with the setup. My rear currently sits about an 1.5 inches lower than the front. Trying to get the bro rake fixed, but Greg at PRG has gone full ghost on me for 3 weeks now. Anyway, yesterday was on Berdoo Canyon Road in Joshua Tree NP and tried to go up a sandy/muddy hill at about 50 degree or so incline. Was really steep and uneven. Got almost to the top and could not go further. Long story short my rear tires were stuffed into the metal and wouldn't turn anymore. I have 1.5 inch spacers on the rear which seems to be pretty common. I really love the wide stance, but at that moment I was wishing I didn't have them on so the tire would be in the wheel well to give me a couple more inches of space. I'm kind of torn right now and will wait til I get the truck leveled to make a decision on the spacers. If I never hear from Greg I'll go Deaver or Alcan and will have a PRG add a leaf kit for sale. Those of you T swapped running spacers? If so have your tires ever been stuffed prematurely because of it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
The problem you had ,had nothing to do with being T- swapped. The problem with your rear suspension is just that.Correct that and spacers won't be an issue.
I run 1.25 spacers and going to 1.75 because my tires come in close contact to my bump stops.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem you had ,had nothing to do with being T- swapped. The problem with your rear suspension is just that.Correct that and spacers won't be an issue.
I run 1.25 spacers and going to 1.75 because my tires come in close contact to my bump stops.
Sorry I should have been more clear. I know it has nothing to do with the Titan swap, but it seems most common to be running wheel spacers with Titan swapped setups. Just weighing the difference between looks of the spacers evening out width with the front vs. having that rub. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
I'm running 1.75" wheel spacers in the rear with 285/75/16s.

When I had 2" AALs, the rubbing was bad when a rear tire was stuffed. The sheet metal at the front of the wheel wells isn't just bent...it is torn.

Added 1" blocks and still got rubbing.

Switched to the PRG Deaver race springs plus 2" shackles and the rubbing stopped.

Put brand new tires on and got slight rubbing again. Nothing like before though and it will quit as the tires wear down.

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
i did 2" spacers and have only ever had problems with hitting the in seam of the bed where the bed side rolls into the wheel arch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
OP Here. OEM wheels with 285/75/16 and 1.5" spacers. Over 2 weekends of fairly rigorous off roading this was the first issue I've had. Like I said it was a pretty steep uneven hill but was doable. Got 3/4 of the way up and then the tires stuffed because as someone said the wheels definitely shifted. Just wondering if sacrificing that 1.5 inches for the looks will get the tires back inside of the fender. Either way getting it leveled and upgrading to Deaver/Alcan will.be the first step. Not a fan of the PRG AAL. After 8 phone calls, 4 voice mails and 3 emails still nothing from Greg. Giving it one more week and then will just go it alone.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
[QUOTE If so have your tires ever been stuffed prematurely because of it? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
The poll is confusing.The way it is stated is whether it is ok to run spacers.
The voting contradicts what he asking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts