Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive joined the the clemson offroad club and being that i dont want to be horrible embarrassed by jeeps w/ 35s+ and all ive started looking more and more into a titan swap but i still have a few questions

1) would it be possible to run 37s with a titan swap and a 2in bl?

2) to run 35s-37s could i reliably run my r180 w/ 3.69 gears?

3) if for 35s-37s id need to swap in an m205 is it possible to keep the 6x4.5 lug pattern or maybe use a spacer to get back to 6x4.5 (i just bought new rims and tires that i really like and would like to keep them is why i ask)

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
How much wheeling experience do you have?

If you are going to try and keep up with Jeeps on 37's then you need to get a Jeep with 37's.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly not alot but by the time i can manage a titan swap ill have a lot more thanks to monthly trips lol

and id love a jeep on 37s if i could afford one but ppl want way to much for used 1s and it just wouldnt be practical for everything else i use my frontier for

and wheelin a 2nd gen on 37s would be pretty BA too lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
We struggle to get 33's on our trucks, i personally would love to see 37's and still be able to DD the thing. I thinks lots of performance mods, gears etc. and you might be able to turn those things.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
37's are not practical for any vehicle that goes on the road. Could you fit 37's on a gen2, sure you could. There someone here with 37's.

35's is the biggest I would go on a Frontier that is wheeled.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A 2" Body lift and a titan swap good luck with 35" tires especially 37" tires.

You can wheel really well with 33" tires.... if you feel a need for bigger than go 35" but that's going to require more work.

Also as far as gearing on 35-37"s you would want ATLEAST 3.69. I just jumped up from 2.93 to 4.11 and I only run 33"s.

Just my opinion on the matter

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
A 2" Body lift and a titan swap good luck with 35" tires especially 37" tires.
billybobjohnjoe has a titan swap, 2" body lift and 35's.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Really? I would think you run into some rubbing issues at minimum. I guess maybe not.

I don't see the point of people who put it in 35" tires that are so tight that they go over a speedbump and have the tire slammed into the fender.

I would say you would do just fine with 33"..... but yeah I guess it also depends on your expectations.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Really? I would think you run into some rubbing issues at minimum. I guess maybe not.

I don't see the point of people who put it in 35" tires that are so tight that they go over a speedbump and have the tire slammed into the fender.

I would say you would do just fine with 33"..... but yeah I guess it also depends on your expectations.
Oh he had to trim the finders but from what I have seen you have to trim the fenders for 33's also.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i guess i never really considered how much extra effort would be involved for just those 2in of tire i jus wondered if maybe it was realistic but i guess w/o serious mods 35 is bout max on a 2nd gen

still curious if anybody knows a way to keep the 6x4.5 w/ an m205 full titan swap though?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts