1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it still on for next sunday?
Call me you have my number.
Have you swapped out your UCA's before?
If not pick up a UCA bolt, I don't want to spend a bunch of time tearing the steering apart for a $5 bolt.
Do your extended axles have cv's on them or do we need to swap yours over? get cv grease and clamps if we are swapping yours

Blues and Brews festival is saturday down town with 3 stages so I may be hard to get a hold of:laugh:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Doing everything but coilovers. Missing a pair of misalignment washers for 1 of the coilovers and 2 toppers (mounting plates). Going to have to do the coilover install by myself.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's to bad, with coil overs you can just swing them out of the way. We may need to drop your struts to get the axles in and out.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
im comin down either way my old man is in st helena hospital right now hell be alright though but blues and brews sounds good to me what time does that start ?? anyway if i dont run into you down there ill see you guys sunday for sure

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where you gonna stay. I just heard about blues brews yesterday, I'll find a link and post it here. this working out of town, I never know what the heck is going on at home.:laugh:

Like the car show last weekend, that caught me completely by suprise:laugh:

Napa Downtown: Blues, Brews and BBQ

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
yeah workin outa town sux but you gotta get paid somehow the blues and brews looks like a good time im probably just gonna stay with some buddys all weekend worst case scenario my mom lives out by the red hen can always go out there after a brew fest id rather not run into mom though:)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Do you know where i can buy toppers online? Greg hasn't been answering for the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let me see what I can do, I head out of town in 10 hrs to go to work. I will try to post up tomorrow or the next day.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
let me see what I can do, I head out of town in 10 hrs to go to work. I will try to post up tomorrow or the next day.
I found the mis-alignmet washers, but no toppers. Thanks nizmut. Let's hope they offer 2-3 day shipping.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the toppers coming, I also have 1 UCA bolt coming so we can cut off the one by the steering gear.
I will know the prices when I get them.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I have the toppers coming, I also have 1 UCA bolt coming so we can cut off the one by the steering gear.
I will know the prices when I get them.
Sweet! Thank you much! I'll reimburse you on the toppers :)
Hope i order the right mis-alignment spacers. :crikey:
I might have UCA bolts already on the way, and i bought some a long time ago for the OEM Arms, but i'll reimburse you for that too.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
does that mean that you have everything you need to do the full swap lil tiger??? do i still need to bring my spanner wrench or do you have one nizmut? well i guess it doesnt take up much room ill bring it either way

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
does that mean that you have everything you need to do the full swap lil tiger??? do i still need to bring my spanner wrench or do you have one nizmut? well i guess it doesnt take up much room ill bring it either way
Hopefully i will have everything. It's all up to SLR sending me the Upper Control arms by friday...he lives here in california so shipping should be 1-3 days. He said he's sending them out tonight or tomorrow morning. If it doesn't get here in time, want to plan the swap the very next weekend or the one after that?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
cant you still swap everything else and then just change the uca's later you have the oem titan ones right ?? just slap those on and change em later only a couple bolts right ?? also fellas the next meet might have to be up here somewhere cause im not the only lifted fronty in chico now lol i got a pm from vodkatrix hes in chico now and so is ian the dude in the first gen x from the last meet should atleast make for some intersting weekends around here if no one else can make it :)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I heard there are a TON of 4x4 trails around Redding/WiskeyTown

But yeah, i could bring the OEM titan arms...uhg.

I don't think i have the right misalignment spacers...i am trying to figure out which ones to get...

The holes are 1/2" wide on both ends...and the length is 1/16" but i can't find the right kind of spacers... misalignment spacer - Google Product Search

IF we have time, maybe we could drill holes in the chrome bumper and install rear fog lights :)

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
yeah but if you already have the oem bring em anyway cause if the uca is the only hold up and were already gonna cut the stock uca bolt anyway to swap to the titan ones then all you have to do is knock the spindle loose and two bolts for each uca not hard at all the stock titans dont need the missalignment spacers do they ??

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
yeah but if you already have the oem bring em anyway cause if the uca is the only hold up and were already gonna cut the stock uca bolt anyway to swap to the titan ones then all you have to do is knock the spindle loose and two bolts for each uca not hard at all the stock titans dont need the missalignment spacers do they ??
no, the misalignment spacers are for the ends of the coilover.
I'm bringing the OEM arms no matter, to see if i could sell them at the swap party LOL

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
no, the misalignment spacers are for the ends of the coilover.
I'm bringing the OEM arms no matter, to see if i could sell them at the swap party LOL
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh the bottom of the coilover i get it now duhhhh well if only greg would answer the phone ......sigh..... well good luck i hope you get the right ones i wanna see the whole setup go in on one day why not start a suspension thread see if anyone has extras they could measure or send you its a long shot but maybe??

·
Registered
129 Posts
I heard there are a TON of 4x4 trails around Redding/WiskeyTown

But yeah, i could bring the OEM titan arms...uhg.

I don't think i have the right misalignment spacers...i am trying to figure out which ones to get...

The holes are 1/2" wide on both ends...and the length is 1/16" but i can't find the right kind of spacers... misalignment spacer - Google Product Search

IF we have time, maybe we could drill holes in the chrome bumper and install rear fog lights :)
If you get up this way PM me. I'm definitely down for some trails.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts