Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so I have a 06 crew cab 2wd fronty and have the chance to pull off upper and lower control arms off a 09 titan 4wd to start my titan swap but I was wondering what all parts do I need for the front and rear to swap to a 6x5.5 bolt pattern instead of my frontier 6x4.5 bolt pattern. All I want to accomplish is just run titan hubs instead of frontier hubs to change the bolt pattern so it's easier to find rims. If anyone has any idea as to what I need to pull and a thread as to how to put it on this will help alot. I want to do this to the front and rear if possible so post below and help me out. Thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
You'll need hubs AND the brakes (brackets, calipers, rotors etc..). Wouldn't hurt to grab the Titan master cylinder if it's avail as you'll likely end up with a bit of a mushy pedal with the Titan calipers given the info from previous owners who've gone to Titan hubs/hardware.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok so for the rear I would have to have the axle from what I've heard this correct or what?

And another question. I don't think I could pull his front hubs and such and throw them on my truck Cuz he is a 4wd and I'm a 2wd

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Ok so for the rear I would have to have the axle from what I've heard this correct or what?

And another question. I don't think I could pull his front hubs and such and throw them on my truck Cuz he is a 4wd and I'm a 2wd

Yes, you'll either need the entire rear end or hub adapters. The adapters won't help if you want the brakes though.
For the front you can still use the brakes, you'll just need to get 2x hub bearings from rockauto.com. As far as I know the brakes are the same size for 2x and 4x on the Titan since both versions are V8. Just so we're clear though, you'll still need the Titan spindle along with the brakes. The bolt pattern for the hubs is different between Titan and Fronty.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sooo I think I'll just buy custom drilled rims for my truck instead. Seems a little cheaper lol but thanks for the info thou. Thanks nomad13

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Sooo I think I'll just buy custom drilled rims for my truck instead. Seems a little cheaper lol but thanks for the info thou. Thanks nomad13

It's a handful for sure. That's why most of us who T-swap keep the fronty hubs. If you're still curious you can hit up sudingusnavy as he's done the full swap.
There are more and more wheels available for the fronty bolt pattern all the time though. Level 8 Motorsports has several very nice options. And if you want to go high end there are 2 or 3 brands making custom beadlocks for us now, Trail Ready, Walker Evans and Method being among them.

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
so the rear axle will fit a frontier?
Yes, it's just wider. All the mounts are the same since they share the same frame geometry. They don't all come with the same gear ratio so you'll have to keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
Yes, it's just wider. All the mounts are the same since they share the same frame geometry. They don't all come with the same gear ratio so you'll have to keep that in mind.
i was under the impression the leaf springs and shock mounts all need relocated.

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
i was under the impression the leaf springs and shock mounts all need relocated.
I've never done that swap so I'm not absolutely sure but I know someone who did and I can't remember whether he had to relocate mounts. I don't know if the lower shock mounts are a different length on the Titan but I know the lower shock eye is the same as the fronty as I'm running Titan shocks. The upper eye is different so mine have custom sleeves for the mounting pins.
The frame is the same, just a bit shorter so I don't think there's much difference in the spring plates. I'll take a closer look next time I'm out with the Titan guys.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
^Not quite 100% true. The spring perches will need to be cut off and re welded more inboard. The Titan leafs mount outside the frame rails, frontier are directly under. Shock mounts may or may not need to be moved as well (can't remeber for certain either way).

Titans also run a 2.5" wide spring vs the 2 3/8" on the Frontier.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
would i need to get the titan leaf springs also or will mine work?
You can't run Titan springs without a lot of work (read: not worth it)

Yours will work fine but you'll still need to relocate the spring perchs on the new Titan axle more inward.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts