Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think of the Titan racks on a Frontier?

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro4x
3,228 Posts
Looks awesome. I have been wanting to do this since I bought the truck.
SO what did you do... Cut a certain amount off both sides of the horizontal piece, then cut some off all the vertical pieces as well?

Are you planning on installing the brakelight on the rear rack?

EDIT: Is that a for sale sign in your back window?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I am interested too...looks great - that is actually the only time that I think a roof rack has looked like it should be there on the frontier.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I assume you got these pics off the internet because it doesn't appear to be your truck and I think a lot of people are getting confused. Where did you get the pics??? Also, do you know if this person is on any forums???

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
interesting.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I swear dude, I seen exactly same kind of truck on craiglist up for sale..
Yes, that is where I got the pics. I've been searching for pics of this for a long time. I never said it was mine, just what do you think of it? I have been thinking of doing this for quite some time. I have actually measured the Titan bed from side to side and there is actually only about an inch difference. Either it fits stock, or the rack can be taken apart and slightly cut and reassembled.

eBay Motors: Nissan Titan Overhead Sliding Rack (item 140214674628 end time Mar-17-08 15:31:06 PDT)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would love some info on this as well. I work my truck, and its a little hard to carry an 8ft ladder in a 5 ft bed that has a 22" truck box in it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My brother in law just bought this rack for the Titan I sold him... It comes unassembled and the center cross member can be cut to fit. I agree that there is probably about an inch that would need to be cut. You would then need to re-drill one of the mounting holes on it.
I didnt take a look at the height, but the way it assembles you could cut it the same way.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I like the idea as talked about on another forum, but is it me or do the mount tightening knobs look like theyre above the tracks, and not in them. And they do look alittle oversized on our truck, mostly the large bases, but is probobly that way to truely give the support needed for weight.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
yep and thats why you can still drive the Mut or it would have really been totalled beyond repair

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Who made it?
Search in the thread Michael!!!!!!ooohhh damn gotcha...:laugh:
uhoh I know I got it coming now......Mustard named it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
what are the racks for? is it like an extension of the roof rack?

welds look pretty beefy...i wouldnt be surprised.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Search in the thread Michael!!!!!!ooohhh damn gotcha...:laugh:
uhoh I know I got it coming now......Mustard named it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts