Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I currently own a titan and looking at downsizing. Love the Titan but it no longer makes sense for our family situation (wife has an Armada).

Was looking at the Frontier or Xterra to replace the Titan.

Any major issues with either ? Hows the MPG? I've read some great reviews on both, leaning to the Fronty to maintain the truck bed resource.

THANKS in Advance fellow Nissan owners! :D

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Welcome

djkamper,

Welcome to the board. I have an '05 LE KC and so far the only issue I have had is the paint tends to chip a little more easily than I would like. I had an '01 Miata and the paint
was the same on it.

I am getting between 17 and 19 mpg with mostly town driving. I use 87 octane gaso-
line and drive it like the little old man that I am except on a few occasions when it is
necessary to or desirable to do more. This is without using the a/c.

I have installed true dual exhaust which in my case seemed to hurt my mileage instead
of improving it. I also have installed a hard tonneau cover. I am currently waiting for
the group buy on a Volant CAI to become effective, hopefully sometime this week.

I drove the Titan when I was looking at trucks before I purchased the Frontier. I really
did like it, but it was just a little too big for me. I had a heck of a time pushing my mower up in the back of it.

Good luck and stay onboard for lots of good information from some very fine people.

OkieScot

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Welcome to the board! I own a 06 SE crew cab 4x4 and my father has a titan SE crew cab 4x4 as well. Both of our trucks get about the same mileage but my frontier only has 500 miles on it, when the titan has 30k. I was also thinking of the xterra but with my work I need the truck and didnt regret it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
not to jack the thread but how heck do you guys get 17-20mpg. BTW the frontier is a badass truck.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
It is all in the timing

JayP,

I use a light foot, no jack rabbit starts, no a/c, and I try to time all of the traffic lights.
I also installed a hard tonneau cover as that is supposed to help.

I don't really need the a/c right now as the temperatures have been at or below freezing most of the time for the past month.

My true duals did not seem to help, in fact I was doing better before that modifica-
tion.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Also, the LE 4X2 Frontiers are geared a bit different that the other models. Most of the time when gas mileage is discussed, it's the guys with the 4X2 LE Models who are boasting the best gas milage! I have a NISMO 4X4 with the Automatic, which get's about the worse of the group! I still manage to get in the mid 16's with this lousy winter blend gas we have right now, I was avaraging in the mid 17's before the switch in fuel, but at the time my truck had less than 2000 miles on it. I'm hoping this spring I will start seeing mileage in the 18 mpg range being as the engine will be fully broken in and we'll be back to a decent summer blend of fuel!

As for the capabilities, you will be giving up some towing capability, but if you're not hauling a yacht or a fifth wheel, I'm sure the Frontier is up to the task! The interior is not as roomy, but it's still very comfortable. The best part being, it will fit in you garage! (the Titan wouldn't fit in mine!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also have an 05 Nismo CC and driving around town which is what I mostly do, I have only been getting 11 to 14 MPG. I don't have a lead foot either. I don't know if it has to do with that my work is only 2 miles away from my home. I hope the MPG start to increase.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
50Trunk said:
I also have an 05 Nismo CC and driving around town which is what I mostly do, I have only been getting 11 to 14 MPG. I don't have a lead foot either. I don't know if it has to do with that my work is only 2 miles away from my home. I hope the MPG start to increase.
Exactly what my case is although i hope that when the engine is fully broken in my mpg will start to increase :D
-Joseph

·
Registered
64 Posts
I haven't driven a Titan, but if you're wantin to stick with a pick up, you definitly want to go with a Fronty. I love mine. I have a 04 CC 4X4 supercharged and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The only bad thing I have come across in my 3000 miles is rattley windows that Nissan says "deal with it" in dealer talk. Good luck on your descision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts