Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i got a question for all you guys out there with the Titan Swap, specifically to those who are using the Factory Arms. My question is, how much travel do you get with the factory titan uppers? I'm a 4x4, and if i can get 9.5-10" of travel out of the factory arms, their is no point in keeping my aftermarket arms i just bought, since that's the most travel i can get. The only downside to my knowledge of having factory arms is minor misalignment, which i can live with.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Those arms i sold you are a very nice pair.

If you really want to keep your stock Titan arms. I suggest having them boxed& dipple dyed. Then have a 1" uni-ball welded in instead of the stock bushing. That connect to the spindle. I have seen this perform flawlessly on bajafronty's truck. And he was running 2.5 kings w/ resi's. With this set-up plus the SLR dp kit. Now i also suggest doing just a tad bit of trimming on the inside corners of the arm. That will likely have possibly contact with the coilbucket. I suggest pming Sangster on where he did it to his stock frontier arms. If you box them and then dipple dye them. You should have no worries about structual loss within the actual arm.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, 9" is what terrible one said. Between, i have his custom arms.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My arms were limiting my travel. They hit the coil bucket before my coilovers were at full droop.
Yes, i know. 2wd can get upwards to 12-13" of travel. 4wd can get only get around 10", because of the CVs

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
ok, 9" is what terrible one said. Between, i have his custom arms.
Well then why are you wanting to run those stock Titans if you have Terribleone's custom arms ? Seems redundant to me. I can see you wanting to keep things simple but i would definiately prefer those over the stocks...

But like i said take into consideration the advice on the 1"uniball stock uppers & all the other things i said.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
It sounds like he is wondering if he could sell the aftermarket ones to re-coup some funds to possibly upgrade something else in the future. There is no reason for him to be rocking the aftermarket arms if they are not gaining him anything. I don't have an answer but this post may help the others understand why this question is being asked.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^I can understand that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts