Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Titan M205 swap, front axle shaft question. Need help.

11K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  mike 
#1 ·
I bought the Titan swap kit from PRG, with the Radflo 2.5's, Titan UCA's, Titan LCA's etc. and the bilsteins, and race pack springs for the rear.

Now I am going to buy the M205 Titan front differential.

I wanted to use the full Titan front drive axles / half shafts.

Can anyone confirm that the complete Titan half shafts will work with the stock frontier spindles, with my Titan swap?

Greg at PRG said; He wasn't sure, but that the Titan half shafts might be different on the spindle side. Specifically the spline size, or pattern not being the same. And that I might have to build the Titan shafts on the outer Spindle side using the frontier outer CV joint / spline.

I believe I read that with the titan swap and M205, that the Titan front axles will fit into the stock frontier spindles with no modifications, but I can't find the thread now.

#5 ·
Stock Titan half shafts will fit in Frontier spindles.

#7 ·
the Titan splines are the same as a frontier. This as been discussed many times...

#10 ·
last time i checked though frontier spindles were 4 bolt hub and titans were 3 bolt hub.
so that would make the spindles not the same at all.
interchangable, yes. same. not at all...dot

i would follow up with mike on the matter, i think mut did change out his cvs but im not 100% sure its even needed. shoot him a pm cause you might not need to do the cv swap.

#19 ·
i would follow up with mike on the matter, i think mut did change out his cvs but im not 100% sure its even needed. shoot him a pm cause you might not need to do the cv swap.
I think it's been 3 years but mut was the one how discovered that the titan half shafts will fit in the frontier spindles.

#11 ·
It has to do with the hole going through the hub, are the splines the same size or larger than what the frontier have, nothing to do with lug pattern, spindle or whatnot. This is a good question that probably needs to be answered by someone that has done this "exact" thing and has an accurate answer.

#12 ·
the bolts on the spindles to the hubs are different so no matter what the hub themselves are indeed different. now if they have the same spline and size on the inside is something i dont know.

all the pics and info i can find is with v8 pathy shafts. well the v8 pathy shafts will have the same spindles/hub as we do so of course it would fit with no modification.

#18 · (Edited)
That's affirmative. I want to use the stock Frontier hubs, and spindles. And the Titan axles, with the M205 front dif, and Prg Titan swap UCA's / Titan LCA's.

i confirm, running them right now, M205 titan inner and outer cvs and frontier hubs
Sounds like with my set up, that the Titan axles will be a direct fit, with no modifications needed. That is good news. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

#14 ·
Yes the hub is different, titan is 3 bolt, frontier is 4 bolt. The spline count is the same though. A titan shaft will work in a frontier hub.

#16 ·
titan cv axle to frontier spindle will work fine. Check thenewx.org, theres ton of xterra that have swapped the m205 in. I'm in the process of doing it now.

Just a side note: if you wanted to use the titan spindle you would also need the titan hub (for bolt pattern), titan brakes and rotors, and titan rims. Not to mention, possibly the titan master cylinder. So, obviously your spindle would be easier.

#17 ·
i confirm, running them right now, M205 titan inner and outer cvs and frontier hubs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.