Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im working on building my frontier and I know I can titan swap it but if thats the case and I want to go bigger cant I just put a titan lift kit on the frontier

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
You have to get it to the level of a Titan before you can continue with Titan components.
That is what the Titan swap does.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The drop crossmember I think is the same for both.
Knuckles need to match the suspension, wheel and brake package. Doing a Titan swap, Titan knuckles.
Springs are trickier. The Titan has larger springs, diameter. They will not fit the frame pockets on a Frontier frame. Got to run Frontier springs and shocks.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
You can use either knuckles. The hubs from Titan or Frontier will fit: Rotors must match the hubs used.
No need for Titan knuckles to do a Titan swap.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Frontier wheel bearings bolt to the knuckle with 4 bolts spaced 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom.
Titan wheel bearings bolt to the knuckle with 3 bolt in an even triangle pattern.
The wheel bearing has to match the knuckle, the wheel bearing is what sets the bolt pattern. Titan has larger brakes than the Frontier.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Either hubs Titan or Frontier will fit either spindles. Yes the Titan mounts with three bolts , while the Frontier uses four. I repeat either will work!!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I got a good deal on Titan spindles but not necessary for a Titan swap.
Bought them to prep them
before sending to Wright Fab.
I used Frontier spindles before.
382A0D89-0F67-4E5C-AB57-F76BD81FA09E.jpeg
382A0D89-0F67-4E5C-AB57-F76BD81FA09E.jpeg CA09FD3E-FBBA-4B05-BE27-C3E1D06B9526.jpeg

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I believe what whistler is saying is that if you had a fabtech spindle for a frontier that it would work on a titan db lift. Yes you can put the Titan dB on the truck and run Titan spindles but then you have to get the brakes, new wheels, etc to match the lug pattern of the Titan wheel bearings or hubs that are 6x5.5. You can not use Titan spindles and frontier wheel bearings or hubs together since they mount differently. You also could use the Titan db and keep the frontier arms and diff but I wouldn’t see the reason in doing so.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Titan hubs will fit Frontier spindles or
Vice Versa!!!. I have used either.
The frontier axles use the same spline count at the hub.
Different at the differential.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
The axles I have now will fit my Titan hubs.
That was a consideration.
My axle assemblies are $1200.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Right, the outer spline count on the Titan cv axle and frontier cv axle are the same, which is why we can Titan swap with the m205 and Titan cv axles and it will work in the frontier wheel bearing, also called the hub assembly since it is not just a wheel bearing like the rear axle but a whole assembly that includes the wheel mounting surface and sealed bearings. BUT you cannot run the Titan front hub assembly in the frontier spindle or the frontier hub assembly in a Titan spindle. As the V8 man pointed out, the Titan hub assembly mounts to the spindle with three bolts in a triangle pattern, whereas the frontier hub assembly mounts to the frontier spindle with four bolts in a square pattern. The picture of the Titan spindle you posted further shows how the Titan hub assembly mounting is completely different from a frontier. Just because the outer spline count on the cv axle is the same doesn’t mean the hub assembly mounting on the splindles are the same.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
so im working on building my frontier and I know I can titan swap it but if thats the case and I want to go bigger cant I just put a titan lift kit on the frontier
Sure, but, in the long run, SAS would be better. If you are on any of the Facebook Frontier groups, search out Bill Eirish. He had a Frontier that was Titan swapped with a drop bracket lift running 35's. Anyone who has seen the truck will tell it was badass, it's since been sold. He'll also tell you it ate parts on a regular basis.

Depending on how deep your pockets are, anything us possible, better make sure your pockets stay deep too.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
You are WRONG!!
The Titan hub assembly will fit a Frontier spindle!!
The rear differential also has a hub assembly like the front, It is behind the parking brake!
You must think I am stupid!
This conversion is costing me at least 3k!
A lot more if you count tires and wheels!
You think I would have done this without researching??!
I did my Titan swap years ago after realizing that running stock arms would not cut it for the pro class I wanted to run (SCORE class stock mini).
What do you want to wager that a Frontier hub will bolt to the Titan spindle???).
Although the PRG/Titan did not fail, it was not sufficient for racing.
Next came Abreojos Racing 2.0,
The last and final will be 3.0.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not everyone has your fancy assed $3k knuckles with both bolt patterns.
In fact I have NEVER seen a knuckle with both bolt patterns.

And since you mention it, I am starting to think you are stupid. As much work as you have done I would hope you know the difference between a Frontier and a Titan knuckle and the bearings for each of them.

Yes, the splines are the same. I think they are even the same as a Z-car. It is a pretty standard Nissan CV spline.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
What $3000 knuckles are you talkinhg about? I have stock Frontier knuckes on the truck now. Same ones that came with the truck.
The
The other $3000 knuckes are stock Titan.
$110 shipped.
Purchased ftom JTD,
V-8 Man, are you Titan swapped?
Have you done one?​

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Ok guys an apology is in order!
After doing a little more research, as of now I stand corrected.
They will not interchange but I am not convinced completely until I check .
Now I must admit I do feel stupid.
Still my $3000 dollar knuckes cost $55 apiece and a can of $9 can of paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts