Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2006 cc 2wd a little over a year ago after my 00 got whacked by a ricer a little over a year ago and have done a few mods. i just swapped to bilstien 5100 shocks and stuts but now i have to buy ball joints and i am doing a titan swap on the front end. when i was installing my bilstiens on the back i noticed that my leaf springs were so wore out they were starting to invert and i would like to know if it is possible to do a titan rear leaf since i do tow heavy weight trailers at least once a month with my expedition but since im selling that pos i wanted to know if there was a way to install titan springs instead of doing an add a leaf since they will handle the weight better. i already have calmini lift shackles since i bought the pre runner front bumper. i know i will have to change shocks once i do it if possible so any help would be greatly aprreciated

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I know that they will not just bolt up as they use an inverted shackle outside the frame. However, you could probably swap all the leafs but the main from the titan and just reuse your main. I'm not sure if the spring width is the same though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Do a bastard pack of frontier and Xterra leafs.
I have the frontier main and all leafs from the frontier and Xterra on mine, minus the overload.
If you want to haul more then keep the overload and remove a leaf and see what works for you. Keep in mind it will lift the rear of the truck with each leaf added from the Xterra pack.
You will also need longer shocks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
It all depends on the total amount of springs you use. Each one is roughly 1" of lift I would say, also depending on how flat your oem springs are.
I gained roughly 4" of lift with the springs alone and added prg adjustable shackles to mine for a total of 6" lift or so.
First is just the shackles, second is with springs, shocks and shackles

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Then find a X leaf pack and go to town. One thing that I do not like about these factory packs is that it lacks a military wrap (2nd leaf goes around or partially) on the eye. You can probably take the top mounting leaf and make a semi M wrap. Th OME one claims that it has a m-wrap. But it looks like a partial one as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts