Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Frontier with a Titan front end. The frontier bulb sockets and bulbs do not all fit properly in the titan headlights. Do they make an adapter that anyone know of to make this easy. Or where I can find the harness and sockets for a titan to splice in. I found a couple threads where people have done it, but no specifics. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Seems it would be easier to just change the connectors.
I use connectors made by “Weatherpack”.
They come in different pin amounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I bought a Frontier with a Titan front end. The frontier bulb sockets and bulbs do not all fit properly in the titan headlights. Do they make an adapter that anyone know of to make this easy. Or where I can find the harness and sockets for a titan to splice in. I found a couple threads where people have done it, but no specifics. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Brian
I'm not sure I understand. You have a frontier with a "titan front end"? Is this just the front suspension swap or do you have the actuall sheet metal swapped? If the latter is the case could you post a few pics? What is the advantage? Looks alone? Easier to get aftermarket ights?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
He has a glass Titan front end, I believe.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Cut and splice. There will be some splitting stuff up as the Titan has separate high beam bulbs from low beams. Don't know of any plug and play fixes. Hopefully you got the pigtails from the Titan lights.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wanna see some pics of this Fronty with Titan front end. Curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Same as in his photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Found his build thread, in case you still want pics.
Yeah, I found it also. Its.......different. The only positive I can see, is that it has separate high beams instead of a dual filament bulb setup like the frontier.

According to the Osram bulb guide, it uses a 9006 low beam bulb and a 9005 high beam bulb. If OP intends on sticking with halogen, I would highly recommend replacing those bulbs with 9012 for the low beam and 9011 for the high beam. Each of those will output more lumens for not much more power than the stock bulbs. Each one will require trimming a little bit on the top mounting tab of the bulbs themselves. Google will give you a picture of the trimming required I'm sure.

The factory Frontier wiring just has a 9007 bulb harness. High beam positive, low beam positive, and a common ground. Split the original harness and wire it to two separate pigtails, a 9006 for the low beam and a 9005 for the high beam. Good luck OP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts