Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as title says, the front hubs, brakes and spindles will be coming off the titan.
the brakes are drilled and slotted and the calipers have "green stuff" bake pads. and i have it all on the titan spindle... im looking to get 900 obo
edit: was on a 4wd.. can be used for 2wd or 4wd though....

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just thought about this. but your truck might go in limp mode without all its 4wd stuff.
whatcha talkin about???
no limp so far, even took out the rear sensors and no limp of codes/lights....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you unplugged everything out of your t-case? gave you driven it since you do it? and what does show up?
i didnt unplug anything. i just removed the front drive shaft, and diff. etc.

·
Premium Member
12,114 Posts
oh. that doesnt count.
it cant tell its not there if you still have everything hooked up. i would look into things before you unplug your t-case. thats what im talking about. that might cause limp mode.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh. that doesnt count.
it cant tell its not there if you still have everything hooked up. i would look into things before you unplug your t-case. thats what im talking about. that might cause limp mode.
im not taking the t-case out, im just gonna keep it there and be able to use the grunt of 4wd in 2wd :nana:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just more weight for your to lug around for no reason, and more stuff to break that your not using:nana:
how will i break it if there is no strain being put on it? and as for the weight, its not that much... and i just took 115lbs off the front with the diff and all the other stuff

·
Premium Member
12,114 Posts
how will i break it if there is no strain being put on it? and as for the weight, its not that much... and i just took 115lbs off the front with the diff and all the other stuff
the power is transferring through your t-case. it can still break. though your not using it. you are using it. and by not using it. its just extra weight your carrying for no reason.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the power is transferring through your t-case. it can still break. though your not using it. you are using it. and by not using it. its just extra weight your carrying for no reason.
alright, well i dont have cash to get a 2wd transmission, and i didnt want to be 4wd anymore... so i did the best i could to shed weight and not have 4wd...
ill put it that way then...

·
Premium Member
12,114 Posts
i have a 2wd titan input shaft. that and and a ds is all you need. but the input shaft makes your 4wd tranny into a 2wd one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
back to the topic....900 for the titan hubs, drilled and slotted rotors, titan calipers, and "green stuff" break pads, and titan spindles. oh and ill throw in the abs lines too....

i have a 2wd titan input shaft. that and and a ds is all you need. but the input shaft makes your 4wd tranny into a 2wd one.
that doesnt sound too bad, how much did it cost you?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts