Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to the club I have a 2010 frontier LE 4x4. I was reading through an old thread here (2007) that says you can swap Titan struts in a frontier. Now I went and bought a set of 5100 out off an 06ish Titan from my local lkq. My question is. Can I get the bottom spring plate out of my stock strut and install on the Bilsteins? Or do I need a specific part? If so does anyone have the part numer

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You didn’t you just buy the 5100 designed for the Frontier?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got them cause I saw them at the junkyard this weekend. I think I'll just return them and buy new 5100s just taught the Titans would give a little extra clearance.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Just got them cause I saw them at the junkyard this weekend. I think I'll just return them and buy new 5100s just taught the Titans would give a little extra clearance.
In a word, no. Theyre a bit long. If you wanted the travel, youd need to do a titan swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I think I am better off buying frontier 5100s for the meantime. Titan swap sounds nice but it does involve replacing the whole front end. Down to the inner and outer tierods. From what I've read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts