Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone or does anyone know if there would be a problem swapping my 15x7's for some stock titan 18x8's. I have a 2" body lift and am planning a 3" suspension lift. I will plan on changing the stock size tires but want to know if the rims back space and all that will work. Will i be able to reuse my lugs or do I have to get new lugs to match the wheels and studs?

·
Vendor
1,666 Posts
If you own a 2004 and older Frontier the bolt pattern is the same as the Titan(6-139.7). But the center bore on the Titan wheel is smaller, 77.80mm vs 100mm on the Frontier.
The wheels would have to machined to the larger center bore for them to fit properly. You also want to take a wheel to the machine shop of choice to make sure that enough material can be removed without sacrificing the structural integrity of the wheel. The offset on the 18x8 +25mm Titan wheels should work just fine.

If you decide to do this, please post up pics as I would like to see how it turned out. :thumbup:

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
That is some awesome data from DiscountTireDirect. I am not sure if anyone has posted that exact info in the past but that is just awesome.

Thanks DTD for that info.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, thanks. Lots of good info. All those pics are of 2wd im assuming. I have a 4x4, rear drum and front disc. Does this matter? Does anyone like discount tire or big o or les schwab machine wheels or only a true machine shop.

·
Vendor
1,666 Posts
good info from discount tire. you have to enlarge the bore of the wheel from the rear and go 1/2" deep. the info has been posted once or twice

pics from my other home:

Those are sweet looking trucks. All that's needed would be to do a body drop on them. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts