Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires came on your Frontier? My came with Hankooks.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
OEM BFG Long Trails. No complaints, though their reputation around here is not top shelf. I'm all street, so my needs & wants are not as extreme. Have 21k on them currently.

Putting your yr & model of Frontier either in your signature or post will be helpful to other members who may wish to share their insights.
::smile::

·
Registered
287 Posts
Depending on what model you have. Correct me if I'm wrong but the new Pro 4x and Desert Runners have Hankook 265/75/16 ATM All terrains... All the other models have 265/70/16 unless you have the S model which has 15" wheels with "all season" 235/75TR15.0 ...

My 2015 Desert Runner Crew Cab came with Hankook 265/75/16 ATM aka All Terrain tires... More aggressive tread but higher rolling resistance causing lower gas mileage. I do like the more aggressive look though..

"All season" tires look more like street tires..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't underestimate the Hankooks. They are a top rated tire. I've always ran BFG, Bridgestone, Michelin but decided to keep my money this time around and go with the HK ATMs..

·
Registered
844 Posts
P265/75R16 Bf Goodrich Rugged Trails, They were down to the wear bars at 70,000km. Replaced with P265/75R16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs which have been excellent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2012 SV 4x4 king cab came with BFG Long Trails. I am not happy with them at all. I live very close to where I work, so I put very few miles on my truck. At 33K miles, the tires are shot. Tread depth is at the low end of acceptable and there is excessive checking and cracking. I rotate the tires every other oil change and religiously maintain tire pressure at 35psi. When I went into Discount to have a puncture fixed, the tech said I could get $40 per tire off of new BFGs or Goodyears due to the premature weathering and cracking. I need tires before the snow starts to fall, but I am undecided as to which tires. My manly man side wants something aggressive looking like BFG All Terrain KO2s or Wrangler Duratracs, but my logical side realizes that I spend 90% of my time on paved roads. I launch my boat on some dicey ramps and see the occasional two track, but I really need good tread life and good gas mileage. I do have a full set of spare factory wheels to mount some alternative tires on. I will do either a mud tire or a dedicated winter snow and ice tire. I am leaning toward stock size Cooper ATPs for most of the year and Blizzaks in the winter.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
Running on mostly paved roads and winters with occasional snowfall of several inches, the best tires I've ever had were Michelin LTX MS/2's. They were quiet, had great traction in all kinds of weather and fantastic treadwear. I think they're currently being replaced by the Michelin Defenders. Consumer Reports always rates them at or near the top of their tire tests. They also have an all-terrain version if you need something for more off-highway driving.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Running on mostly paved roads and winters with occasional snowfall of several inches, the best tires I've ever had were Michelin LTX MS/2's. They were quiet, had great traction in all kinds of weather and fantastic treadwear.
These are the tires I have on my Dakota. Great tire.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
Due to money limits at the time, I replaced them with Nitto Duro Grapplers. They were $200 cheaper for a set of 4. The Nittos are a good tire with good treadwear and traction, but they do have a much harsher ride compared to the Michelins. Nitto is a division of Toyo Tires.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
265/70-16 OEM BFG Long Trail

·
Registered
485 Posts
My truck came with BFG rugged Trail 265/75-16. They are wearing very fast despite maintaining correct pressure and rotations. I will probably replace them with Michelins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts