Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats the biggest tires anyone has comfortably fit on a 2wd '04 king cab, im looking to buy new tires the biggest i can without them rubbing anything. im looking for anything with an all terrain tread thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
there are two types of height levels for the frontier, the low to the ground and the height that comes with the 4x4s. on the higher frontier, you should be able to get away with 31s, the lower frontiers, i don't know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2001 2WD 4-cyl and will be at the tire shop tomorrow having 30X9.5-15's installed. I'll let you know how they fit once I get it done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a set of 30X9.50-15 Cooper Dominator A/T's installed and they fit perfectly. I have about 1 1/2" in front and behind before the flare and with my 2" torison crank and AAL I have about 3-4" of wheel gap above the tire. At full lock there is no rub. They also fit on my stock 15X6 rims. This is probably as big as you can go though. The next step up being about 31" would be too snug and require flare trimming, otherwise I think it would grab them in a turn, and ride height would be less than ideal with any articulation unless you plan to do a full out suspension or body lift. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts