Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago I had new tires mounted at Tires Plus. When I got home that night and washed my wheels, I noticed that all 4 had these marks all around that would not come off. Went back the next day to show them the damage. They claimed it was the tire lube that had caked on and they cleaned them with degreaser (took them almost an hour). Ok, whatever, seemed plausible as they looked fine when they were done.

Well, looks like all that did was hide the damage temporarily because when I cleaned my wheels again a few days ago, I noticed that the damage is still there.

How could they have managed to do this? Was it the tire machine itself or possibly the bead as they mounted the tires? I contacted corporate to get a claim going as I don't feel like going back to the store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
That would tick me off, too. Hope they can mutually manage this for you. Keep us posted...

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Make an appointment with the shop manager. Go into it without anger and show him the damage. They should correct the situation for you as those marks are obviously from their machinery. If the manager refuses to do anything, contact the company HQ. It is obvious that you didn't damage the wheels as it would be virtually impossible to create the same marks on all 4 wheels by rubbing a curb or something on the road.

There are several wheel repair companies that can repair them easily.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I own a Chrysler 300 SRT and bought tires from one of the big box tire stores. Two days after the tire install I was washing the car and found a big scrape and gouge in one wheel.
I am VERY aware when driving this car as it is low so I was pretty sure I had not curbed it. I was MAD!

i come to the 2nd wheel....same thing!?!? Now I am WTF???? I go look at the other wheels. They had damaged three out of the four factory SRT wheels.

I went back to the tire shop and had the manager look at them. He tried to play it off like it was not his guys. I had to get pretty aggressive with him and while he was standing there called the corporate HQ.

Long storing short, they ended up replacing all three wheels at around $1000 a wheel.

They now have one of their senior guys do rotations and tire changes on my vehicles.

Make them replace your wheels. Be assertive.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They tried to blow you off!! Theyll try the ol "he did it after" line too.
Luckily I had taken before pictures of the truck as I wanted to see how it looked after going up a size. Can definitely tell that they aren't damaged in those pics ::grin::

Received a voicemail from the store manager along with one from their corporate claims adjuster. Didn't bother calling the store back and the adjuster was busy. Will probably ask me to send them pics of the damage.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Tire machine marks... Happens when the bead setter is to low, rookie mistake.
They are responsible for the damage and are obligated to fix it weather it be professional wheel repair or new wheels (or at least that is Discount's policy)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed! Had one of those mobile repair dudes come out. The 2 local wheel repair places I was thinking of using were really inconvenient to deal with. One was too far and I'd be without my truck for a few days. The other offered a pickup service, but only for dealers and body shops, so they wanted me to take my wheels to them. Kind of hard to do that when I need my truck to do so!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts