Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Camber should NEVER be positive \--/. Should be zero I--I to slightly negative/--\. Nissan gave a huge range for the camber spec so anything will fall into the range and be within spec. They stopped providing cam bolts after 2005. But they left the provisions (slotted mounting hole and camming tabs)to easily add them.

IMO one should have cam bolts. Not only can you dial in your camber but your caster as well. Also know that many tire/alignment shops only "toe and go" . They do not bother with the other angles, especially if they are not adjustable from the factory. The best cam bolts are the factory nissan ones.

·
Registered
2021 SV 4x4
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So my dealer charges $69 for front alignment and $99 for both front and back. I think this other place I took or to may have just done the toe. Should I just get it aligned there? Will I need to buy the camber bolts from the dealer or do they have them already? I don't even know how any of that works...

·
Registered
2005 Frontier, 4l, 6 speed crew cab, 4WD
82 Posts
You only need the camber bolts if, well, your camber is out of spec. I think the only thing adjustable from the factory is toe.

Uh, unless your eyesight is calibrated to see tenths of degrees in difference, it's hard to tell unless it's way off. Do you have your alignment report sheet?

Could also be road crown.
The original alignment was not in degrees but I ches... 😊

21 - 25 of 25 Posts