Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SV 4x4
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I put some new tires and a lift on my 2021 and took it in today for an alignment. Do you need the camber bolts or can a shop align it without? I didn't have any but they said it wasn't too bad out of alignment. When I picked it up though it still looks like the tires bow in from the bottom some... is it supposed to look like that or is the tire supposed to be completely straight? No steering wheel shake. Truck rides smooth. Veers very slightly to the right but it was also a very windy day so not sure if that was it...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Do you need the camber bolts or can a shop align it without?
You only need the camber bolts if, well, your camber is out of spec. I think the only thing adjustable from the factory is toe.

is it supposed to look like that
Uh, unless your eyesight is calibrated to see tenths of degrees in difference, it's hard to tell unless it's way off. Do you have your alignment report sheet?

Veers very slightly to the right but it was also a very windy day
Could also be road crown.

Reactions: Pi3yeargrad

·
Registered
752 Posts
Post your recent alignment results.

Anytime you suspension lift a 4x4 the cheaper route (spacers or adjustable shocks and no upper control arms) you will need alignment bolts if you want your alignment to be in spec.

Close is fine with horseshoes and hand grenades but not so much for alignments. Your expensive tires will eventually show you how close or far away from being perfectly aligned you actually are. You may or may not be able to certainly see the discrepancy in camber but there are so many other factors, as mentioned, that make it tough to see.

If it were my truck I would get the alignment bolts and nail the alignment. Once more I would also get the adjustable upper control arms and run a slightly higher caster for even better road manners.

·
Registered
2021 SV 4x4
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot the darn report. I got a ride to pick up the truck and was in a hurry to get back to work. I'll call on Monday.

So it wasn't a major lift. Rough country 2.5" struts in front and 1.5" shackles with shocks in back. Still need A-arms etc?

·
Registered
752 Posts
No you don't absolutely need adjustable UCAs for alignment purposes. The alignment bolts alone should solve your alignment problem.

Adjustable UCAs are primarily for solving the problem of coil bucket contact that you are probably experiencing at your lift height. It's that knocking/clanking sound that you hear up front when you hit a bump that allows your suspension to droop.

Secondarily, the adjustable UCAs also give you another way to make camber adjustments besides the alignment bolts alone. So if you wanted to max out your caster for better road manners using the alignment bolts, you could then employ the adjustability of the ball joint in the UCAs to get your camber back into spec.

I'm speaking of adjustable UCAs rather than fixed UCAs of course. Fixed UCAs are only to solve coil bucket contact and offer no adjustment help for alignment purposes.

Hope all that wasn't too confusing...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did you get the coil/strut combo or the spacer in front? If you got the coil/strut can you post a pic?

·
Registered
752 Posts
It does...looks pretty sweet! Upgrades are tastefully done and work really well with the black on black edition. Nice job!

·
Registered
2021 SV 4x4
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man that looks good, keep us updated on comfort performance, you may be the only one here running them.
They feel great. Comparable to stock except I dont bottom out like I would with stock. I don't have much experience with 4x4s or suspension upgrades but it rides smooth. I just knew I had to make it taller. Even next to the Armada it was sitting on the floor but now it looks great. I didn't think 2.5" would be enough or even noticeable but it definitely is.

·
Registered
315 Posts
They feel great. Comparable to stock except I dont bottom out like I would with stock. I don't have much experience with 4x4s or suspension upgrades but it rides smooth. I just knew I had to make it taller. Even next to the Armada it was sitting on the floor but now it looks great. I didn't think 2.5" would be enough or even noticeable but it definitely is.
Same here, I went 2.5 and thought it wouldn’t be very noticeable, it definitely is, just waiting on my ridge grapplers this Thursday. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Pi3yeargrad

·
Premium Member
326 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts