1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need 265/70/R15 for my '04 Frontiier XE 4WD. I've narrowed it down to:

1. P265/70R15 110T Goodyear® Fortera® SilentArmor® @$148.00ea

2. P265/70R15 110T BFGoodrich® Long Trail T/A® Tour @$130.00ea

Currently I have the BFG LT T/A and they have gotten 72K miles on them since new. I just bought the Frontier a week ago and need to put a new set on. Any thoughts out there which way to go? The Goodyears seem to be a little tougher. Either would probably do well. The size limits me. These are at Sam's where I get all my tires.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
567 Posts
BFGoodrich, don't like Goodyear myself

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had both and got my moneys worth out of the goodyear, the BF lasted for only 20,000 miles, I stay with the goodyears myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys/Gals.

So, should I flip a coin? :eek:) The BFGs have 70K on them and still have decent tread. Makes it hard to think about another tire. I wish Michelin LTXs were available in this size. I had 2 sets on a Pathfinder and both got 70K plus.

·
Registered
475 Posts
depends on what u want. goodyear tends to use harder compounds in theyre rubbers which add life but sacrifice traction. bfg uses softer compounds than gy which add traction but sacrifice tire life. id go with bfg myself.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
what about the Yokohama golanders or the Dunlop Radial Rover A/T or the General Grabber AT 2 all cheeper per tire than the ones you listed

Tire Search Results

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt I'll put 4,000 miles on it a year. Traction is what is important to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just got the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors saturday at Discount tires so fare I love them!! and reviews were goodfor them much better than the bfg rugged trail that was on there and the toyo open countrys I tried,they were a e load the ride sucked!! . stick with the p rated tires the ride will be much better!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
ive had my yokos for about a year and i like em. the tread design actually does what it says with the stair step grooves kicking out the mud. works really good if you go offroading every now and then

·
Registered
112 Posts
almost new wheels

Since you cant get wheels to fit our truck, and Discount tires nedded to fix my wheels. This what I did, I had the stock ones powder coated 60% Black and Put the new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors on this satuday. Here is a Picture I drove to work today, so as soon as I can Get a clean Wheel I will post it. The guy can shoot many collors and even powder coat car frames here in Tumwater Washington:fantastic:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts