Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tired of the ride quality on my spacer system. i definitely think it stiffened up the ride...and after a few years im ready to get rid of it.

i dont do enough wheelin' to justify an expensive lift...so i was looking at these new systems from Rancho (quicklift) and Bilstein (5100 levelling shocks) and was wondering how these would compare to a spacer lift.

will it be a better ride quality?
will i get back the travel that is lost with a spacer lift?
is it worth the price to switch from a spacer to one of these system?

my other option is the PRG Radflo basic system for $1035 (with the deavers). This is a pretty expensive system, so I would only go to this system if the rancho or bilstein system wont be a significant improvement over the spacers.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
if you have had a spacer lift on for a few year I bet your front spring have weaken. So you probably should replace the coils and the shocks not just replace the front shocks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a spacer system will wear out shocks and springs quicker than normal? I would say I've had the system installed for about 2 years.

If I'm going to replace the shocks, then why not just do something like the rancho quicklift system? Its bout 185 for the shocks.

I'm also assuming that the shocks/springs will also wear out the rears too. So should I switch out the blocks to deavers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts