Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 SE came with 265/70/16 as stock tires.Can I have 265/75/16 's installed without any suspension modifications?Your help is appreciated as the dealer always offers up some mumbo jumbo B.S. as to why I can't!

·
Registered
704 Posts
that only changes the width of the tire,the lower the number the wider they get.
just courious as to why you want a thinner tire 70 to 75

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
no issues on that its the stock Nismo size.

Chaz you have your metric tire stuff wrong. 265 represents the width of the tire in MMs the 70 or 75 is a percentage of the width. a 75 is bigger then a 70 with the same section width and wheel size.

·
Registered
704 Posts
not a metric tire guy i was thinking bout some sports cars i had with 60/65s on em
thought like 65 series wide then 185 sidewall 18" rim size spose thats standard measure

:confused:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went from the 265/70/16's that came on mine to a 265/75/16 with no problems at all. I get a little rub at full turn when I have mud or ice packed in the fender wells, but otherwise nothing rubs. It actually made my speedometer closer to accurate according to my GPS. Stock I was always going a couple mph slower than the speedo said at highway speeds, with the new tires I am right on. I would guess that they use the same calibration for them all regardless of which tire size comes on them from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
not a metric tire guy i was thinking bout some sports cars i had with 60/65s on em
thought like 65 series wide then 185 sidewall 18" rim size spose thats standard measure

:confused:
A 65 "series" would be referring to the sidewall, not the width. That would be one incredibly narrow tire if it referred to width!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tires??

Thanks for the replies,I do appreciate it!I have seen the "75's" on the Nismo but thought the suspension may have been different to accomodate them.Thanks again,gents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts