Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the widest super swamper I can run on my 2010 with stock suspension? Can I get away with 12.5" without any rubbing? I am leaning toward Super Swamper 31x12.5x15. Do any of you currently run SSR's on a stock Frontier SE 4X4?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
that's a really small but wide tire, why SSRs on a daily driven truck. I have SS on my XJ and sucks on the road plus no tread life. also a 15in rim will not clear the front brakes

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
What is the widest super swamper I can run on my 2010 with stock suspension? as knobby as they are, i'd say 10.50's would be the widest you could go on stock wheels Can I get away with 12.5" without any rubbing? highly doubt it, you will need to do some melting/trimming I am leaning toward Super Swamper 31x12.5x15 as drew said, there are no 15" wheels that fit 2005+ frontiers due the front brake size, there are only a handful of wheels in 16" that fit other than the OEM's, most people go to 17's for the wider selection of different styles, don't forget the lug spacing is 6x4.5", a fairly rare lug pattern in truck wheels that fit our trucks. Do any of you currently run SSR's on a stock Frontier SE 4X4? not that i've seen

Thanks!
thoughts in bold

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

^LT265/80/16(32.2")... Remove some, cut some, maybe melt some..

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
the OEM 16s just clear the brake caliper also a 31 12.5 is a small tire and with the width it will rub on the plastic on the inside of the wheel. If your looking for a good off road tire that is agressive the new BGF MT KM2 (baby krawlers) and the Nitto Trail Grapler MTs are both very good tires with much better road manners.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
This is the link to the American Racing applicatin guide on their website. They list 15" rims as being ok. Am I or are they missing something? I am more apt to listening to you guys since you have the experience.

American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels
they may fit 4 banger 2nd gens since they have smaller front brakes but there are no 15" rims that i have ever seen that fit a 2nd gen v6 with the larger brakes that it has. i agree with drew, 31x12.50 might be good for a TJ but it's not good for our trucks, try to find a 32x10.50 (265/75/16) or 33x11.50 (285/75/16) after lifting the front and rear a little

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.