Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure somebody has attached something like this at some point in time but i found this today and figured it would be useful to somebody with tire sizing questions.the nice thing about this one is that it tell you what % your speedo will be off and you can compare up to 4 sizes at a time.

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

on a side note is a 265/75/16 and a 285/70/16 both a 32 even though they are both just shy of 32"? and is the main problem running the 285/70 the width not the diameter? because i was thinknig the nismos came with the 265/75.

was thinking possible sticky in wheels/tires section?

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
i'm sure somebody has attached something like this at some point in time but i found this today and figured it would be useful to somebody with tire sizing questions.the nice thing about this one is that it tell you what % your speedo will be off and you can compare up to 4 sizes at a time.

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

on a side note is a 265/75/16 and a 285/70/16 both a 32 even though they are both just shy of 32"? and is the main problem running the 285/70 the width not the diameter? because i was thinknig the nismos came with the 265/75.

was thinking possible sticky in wheels/tires section?
Your best bet is to look at the actual tires that you are interested in, for comparing sizes. Two tires of the same size can vary slightly by manufacturer. There's no problem running 285's as long as your wheels are wide enough and you don't mind rubbing/trimming. That little bit of extra width can really rub when the wheel is turning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
does anybody know on the tire size questions?
I have just about the same truck as you, except I put the PRG 2" leveling kit on which allowed me to clear 285/75-16's up front....the rear will clear no problem either way....but you might want to put something in the back so your truck doesn't look weird.....if you don't want to go that route....I would think 285/70-16 should be able to clear on stock wheels with no lift...just be prepared to possibly have to remove your mud flaps and *maybe* do the fender insert mod (heating it with a heat gun and re-forming it a bit) I was thinking about going 285/70-16 on mine, but tires are REALLY hard to find in that size in my experience.

**edit** to answer your question a little better, NISMO's do come with 265/75-16's....and they should fit your truck fully stock no problem. you should be able to even keep your mud flaps!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. was thinking of doing a mini lift so we will see. was just curious about the people referring to having 32's if those sizes were what they were talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts