Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, what pressure do you run your BFG AT's 265/75/r16 off-road/on highway? Tire says 65psi max, door panel says (for stock RT's) 35psi. I tried 38psi on miller lake trail (Rubicon) and they looked really squished. Thanks for the help.

Stock nismo rims, no bead locker.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
look on the tire and find the max psi rating. inflate it to the max psi, then deflate the tires untill the side lugs are sitting flat on the ground. take the pressure again and that is what you should stay around all the time.

recheck the pressure after you get your tires rotated as well, as the tires up front are going to require a higher pressure to be correctly inflated because of the weight difference.
^ this is for the street.

for offroad, you should be good with 15psi. i typically run around 10psi, but offroad, i typically have a "parts are expendable" attitude.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx beef. Will 10-15 psi be okay w/o a bead locker. I definatley don't have a parts are expendable attitude.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i wouldn't go too close to 10psi its not that low, but sometimes it gets a little sketch. you should get a pretty good belly under that tire at 15psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts