Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DR with P265/75R16 has a new size and type tire for me. If they're the reason the ride is so freaking comfortable then I'm sold. What I'm curious about is what do you all recommend for tire pressure if I'm not going off-road. I drive 35000-40000 miles per year and spend a lot of time in the truck so fuel economy and ride comfort are important to me. Should I just keep the recommended 35psi or can I go higher without damaging the tire too much? Never had an AT style tire so I'm not sure what a little over-inflation will do.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Shoud be fine

I have the same size P tires, 35PSI should be fine. But I do find that I get better wear out of the rear tires with 32PSI though. I put the rear tires back up to 35PSI when I'm pulling my travel trailer, and haven't seen any issues with 16 trips. One trip was over 500mi each way down to Georgia.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blue Devil. By the way, from your sig "bought new Dec.2005, 142k 99.7% trouble free miles, never left me stranded " is a lot of the reason I bought this truck.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Since you did not say what tires you have, I have to assume from your signature they are Hankook Dynapro ATM's.

I had the LT version of those tires and ran them at 36psi on the road. At 50,000 miles, they still had 3/4s of the original tread depth! Run them at 35 or 36 and they will give you excellent service. Rotate them every 5000 miles and check the pressure once a month and they will last a long time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they're the Hancooks. Great info and I hope I have that much tread at 50k!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 2015 Desert Runner Crew Cab. Drove of the lot with 20 miles on her and now she has 17,000 clock. The 265/75/16 Hankook ATM tires have been inflated to 35 PSI since purchase and they still look brand new...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@racquetballer I really wanted that blue but couldn't find one compared to the price of the black one I got. That's a nice looking truck!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Mine is 4wd with BFG A/T's in that size, recommended for mine is 40 PSI, I've got them set at 42PSI, balance and rotate every two months with 34K on them probably 30K in tread left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.