Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had these tires installed and set to 35 PSI. Mostly drive on the highway and was wondering whats the best PSI to set them at for max fuel economy?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Nobody can give you an exact answer. It all depends on the weight of your vehicle and how you drive.

You can do the chalk test to see if you have an even pressure field under the tires. Adjust the psi accordingly to get it even.

Then you may have to adjust the front and rear independently of eachother. Some memeber have found that it is better to run more psi in the fronts because their is more weight on them and less in the rears but this all changes when you have a different weight distribution and if you carry anything in the bed of your truck.

Side Note: Just remember the higher the psi, the harder the ride so it may be worth losing a little miles per tank for a better ride.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nobody can give you an exact answer. It all depends on the weight of your vehicle and how you drive..
^ I was hoping not to see/hear that... I'm running E-load GYs too.
But, you're right.

All I can tell ya is that mine seem happy @ 50; TPMS comes on @ 64psi. too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ I was hoping not to see/hear that... I'm running E-load GYs too.
But, you're right.

All I can tell ya is that mine seem happy @ 50; TPMS comes on @ 64psi. too.
Is E load 10ply or 6ply? I actually have the 6ply ones so not sure if that makes any difference. Truck is not loaded and I drive it like an old fart.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Is E load 10ply or 6ply? I actually have the 6ply ones so not sure if that makes any difference. Truck is not loaded and I drive it like an old fart.
Muh bad.. thought you had the other Duratracs; mid-thirties(stock) psi. should do fine.. Foeties will likley bulge em'.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay.

The fuel mileage really seems to be suffering. I didnt think there would be that big of a difference going up 1" in tire size, its also the same stock size the Nismo / pro4x comes with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
you have to remember that if you go up in size, you odom will read wrong so it will apear that your MPG has gone way down. When I bought my tahoe I put 285/75's on it and my MPG's fell down to 12 on the High way if you go by the odom. but when I put smaller tires back on it. my numbers jumped back to 15 on the high way. Bigger tires mean that you travel farther than what your truck shows

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
you have to remember that if you go up in size, you odom will read wrong so it will apear that your MPG has gone way down. When I bought my tahoe I put 285/75's on it and my MPG's fell down to 12 on the High way if you go by the odom. but when I put smaller tires back on it. my numbers jumped back to 15 on the high way. Bigger tires mean that you travel farther than what your truck shows
In my 26.9 mile drive to work my truck shows 25.1 so im losing 1.8 miles ,usually if I go by my truck numbers im right around 15.6mpg but if I go by my gps im around 16.5.Im starting to trust the gps because when I put in gas prices and set it to my truck when I get gas its almost dead on with cost and gallons so the mileage must be damn close

1 - 9 of 9 Posts