Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Black widow, from what I understand It'll be something that spans across the bed (correct me if I'm on crack) or will it be like the one "Mike" built? Maybe Mike can chime in and explain what I mean. I like his idea alot better. Mike patten that 5hit quick man.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Black widow, from what I understand It'll be something that spans across the bed (correct me if I'm on crack) or will it be like the one "Mike" built? Maybe Mike can chime in and explain what I mean. I like his idea alot better. Mike patten that 5hit quick man.
I don't know if they are doing something like my tire carrier. I did send them PM with pic's a few weeks back of the hi-lift mount and tire carrier.

I wasn't looking for money or recognition, just wanted to help the community and see what they could do with the ideas I had.
So far I like what they did with the hi-lift mount.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I hope it isn't like the tiregate-I wanted something that connects to the utilitrac. And my first question still remains-How much is it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
So are yall just making the Arachna-track or is there another in-bed tire carrier y'all are making?
Again I was at blackwidows shop and saw the plans they have for the tire carrier and YES it mounts to the utilitrack. You can even adjust were it sits in the bed, or take it out all together. For those that do not have utilitrack he is working on getting the track itself to sell.

As for the Arachna-track it is a over the cab basket that you can mount a tire or just about anything in.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Again I was at blackwidows shop and saw the plans they have for the tire carrier and YES it mounts to the utilitrack. You can even adjust were it sits in the bed, or take it out all together. For those that do not have utilitrack he is working on getting the track itself to sell.

As for the Arachna-track it is a over the cab basket that you can mount a tire or just about anything in.
Cool. I'd like the tire carrier when it is available.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on the forum so much to help answer these questions. Thanks moabax for jumping in there? What is your name again? We have seen so many people in the shop in the last week I can't remember.

Anyway, the tire carrier is still in design phase at this time. While I didn't consider a locking mechanism in the original concept, I think it will be necessary to incorporate into this design.

The tire carrier will mount in the utilitrack in your bed (I will be offering Arachna-Track(s) for mounting for 1st gens and non-utilitrack fitted 2nd gens, or any other makes for that matter.

The tire carrier will also act as a bed divider. Being mounted in the utilitrack, the tire can be slid forward or back in the bed of the truck to secure loads.

As soon as we finish getting the retail shop up and running, Sean (BWORTECH) will finish the rock sliders (look for these early next week, for sure this time), start the bumpers, and then we will migrate to the tire carriers.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
will you BW make one that is like "Mikes"? I'd love to have my spare up and in the bed, but I cant afford to take up bed space with something that spans across.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
lol, I'd like it to lay down so that the tonneau can close and everything is hidden. How much will it cost?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
320 Posts
I hope it isn't like the tiregate-I wanted something that connects to the utilitrac. And my first question still remains-How much is it?
I am not trying to be evasive about the price, we just have to build one to truly understand our cost, then we can set the price.

So I have a target, what would you pay for a tire carrier that:
Installs in Utilitrack without tools
Slides in the bed tracks for use as a bed divider
The tire will pivot on an axis allowing you to keep it straight up and down, at an agle, or any configuration that fits your needs.
Superior construction and materiels (BWOR doesn't build cheap $hit)

What price would you expect to see something like this listed for? Anyone? Everyone?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
if you could make something strong and pratical, with a little bit of style, in the the $400-$500+shipping range you'd probally sell hundreds over a couple years

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
if you could make something strong and pratical, with a little bit of style, in the the $400-$500+shipping range you'd probally sell hundreds over a couple years
wow, that's a lot more then I was expecting. If it was that expensive to more the tire I'd either leave it where it is, through it in the back with a bungee chord, or buy a rear bumber with an integrated tire carrirer (like the KMA one). I don't know what your planning on making, but I was assuming it was something like the Fabtech tire carrier but with utilitrack mounting and a 6 on 4.5 bolt pattern.

This one sells for about $150

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
yea, that's not what I want, I am more interested in a bed mount like this TireGate.com - Bed mount series

but slung across the rails and mounted to the bed via utilitrack

·
Registered
320 Posts
yea, that's not what I want, I am more interested in a bed mount like this TireGate.com - Bed mount series

but slung across the rails and mounted to the bed via utilitrack
This is the design closest to what we are looking at. We are targeting a $249 sale price but the actaul fabrication will tell us how much labor it will take to produce it, which ultimately will drive the price.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts