Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had 20% put on my front door windows yesterday, matches real good, Ill post some pictures later.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I had 30% put on my front windows and thought it matched pretty good too! I've heard the rear is 20%, but it's had to tell the difference of just 10%.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Heres a picture of my SE with 20% on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro4x
3,200 Posts
I did my fronts in 35% and it was a little lighter than the back.
I bought the tint at PepBoys for like $9.99 or something, it looked great for a couple months, but now its purple, I will be pulling it off when I have some time, then I think I am going to have the fronts as well as the rear-side and rear window all professionally done with 20%. I would do it myself (it was real easy) but I am hoping the pro's use film that wont fade to purple soo quickly!

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
I had 30% put on my front windows and thought it matched pretty good too! I've heard the rear is 20%, but it's had to tell the difference of just 10%.
Hey Paul,

What was the cost for the 30% on the fronts??

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I think I paid $79.00 for both front windows...

·
Registered
538 Posts
20% all the way around, they had a great machine that cut the tint for them to exact measurements.

I had to pay cash, It is Illegal in Ks to get it this dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
JayP said:
did they have to remove the factory tint?
no they dont have to.

i had 27% put on all of my windows (over the factory tint)
i like the way it looks,
the front windows can be seen in if there is direct sunlight, but not really with indirect light.
the rear can be seen into with a flashlight :)

27% is legal where i lived/live (CO/las vegas)
i didnt want to hassle with anything darker... yet.

StormNISMO--
i have a guy that has done all my vehicles (~7 total)
he has been tinting for 15+ yrs.
great guy, good prices and quality work (lifetime garauteed)
he also did my clear bra too.
pm me if you want his info, he is only a short drive down for you :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I did 50% on the front and I put 20% over the factory tint, so knowone can see inside my truck. Here in nyc tint on the front is illegal but if you have 35 or below you will get a ticket.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I put 35% on mine. As you get older it gets harder to see in the dark 8O

[/img]

·
Registered
171 Posts
My picture is Sooooo small, dam I need to figure out this picture stuff, 35% is legal here, so yeah Iam Illegal now, but no more sun shining in the side glass and I can still see ok at night. My buddy owns a tint shop so I got mine done for half the price, $30, I would have paid $60 or $75 most places.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Getting it done...

I am getting it done this coming week. I am putting 35% on the front and 50% on the back. 50% is legal for front in VA but I think I can get away with it. 50% on the back will give me about 17% on the back half so it will be dark but not blacked out. I had black out on my blazer and it was nice but tough to see out at night. Thanks guys. I am getting it for $135. Later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts