Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced my lower timing chain, chain guides, and tensioners after the tensioner guide failed. Pulled the head and put new valves in also. I now have a knock in the engine, but it is not consistant. Sometimes it makes no noise at all, other times it sounds like a diesel engine. The noise does not very at the same speed as engine rpm, so I am thinking it is the tensioner guide rattling around. So I went to nissan and purchased a new tensioner to replace the one I bought aftermarket online, but the one from nissan does not look right. See the attached pics. The one on the far left is the original one. The middle one is the sespect problem (notice the shiney area on the plunger that looks like it was causeing the knock noise). The one on the far right is the one I purchased from nissan. Is this an improved part design, or the wrong part for my truck? Working on a 98 frontier with the 2.4l

Thanks,
Snoopy

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Go to courtesyparts.com and look up the part number yourself and check it to the one nissan gave you. I havn't done a twin cam motor in a long time so i can't remeber what the look like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep they gave me the wrong part. Invoice says 13070-4e102 and box is a 13070-40f06 which after searching the web looks like it is for a sohc 240sx. Got to love the parts guys at the dealer. Thanks for the courtesyparts web site. pretty cool.

Snoopy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts