Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten odd noises on my truck since new. Been to the dealer early on to try to correct them but nothing really got cured so I lived with them (clutch rattle and 1st gear rattle). This week I started to hear the much dreaded timing chain tensioner noise - its like a whiney, pitch goes up as you accelerate noise (sounds like a distant AM radio station or small supercharger where the pitch changes as you accelerate).

I am still under warranty but Nissan service leaves a very bad taste for me - what if I just drive the truck as is? At what point will I have an engine failure (if it even comes to that)? Is the noise just an annoyance or will something eventually break? The tensioner guides are plastic and after they wear thru what is the next part to wear?

Cliffs - What is my risk if I just dont want to hassle with the stealership and just continue to drive my truck when the tensioner guides are worn out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree w 2wdnismo , actualli my fronti had the same problem but mi is about to hit 80K I first that noice at around 65k but didnt know wat it was so i just drove it like that until a week ago wheb my patience gave up on it I took it to the dealership n they fix it under my extend guarantee and now its as quiet as in 06 they took about a week do waiting for the parts and the actual working on it, i suggest you do the same maybe try another dealership. Gud luck

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
My Pathfinder had the repair done almost a year ago. It was fixed correctly and still is perfect. Take it in and make it quiet again.

Clint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts