Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 05 fronty was at the dealership and they said the timing chain guide needed to be replaced, something about it was a defective part, so it was covered under warranty. They did the work, washed my truck, and i didn't pay a cent. But now my truck seems to be acting funny. The transmision has been slipping when I roll a stop sign then try to accelerate, it will just rev but not engage. Anyone ever have this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Try a few searches for those issues. You timing chaing tensioner probably had to be changed, it has nylon guides on it. Not sure about your other things, take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i'm gonna take it back to the dealer, i just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem with the timing chain. It just kinda ticked me off cause my truck ran great and I never noticed ny problem, then they take it in to "fix" it and it comes back driving worse. It seems the problems i'm having are unrelated to the fix so I don't know, just wanted some type of ideas going into the dealer. Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts