Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems I have the developed the dreaded timing chain whine at 55k miles luckily the truck is currently at the dealer being fixed under warranty. I asked if this is likely to happen again and they said that Nissan is aware of this issue and if someone develops this problem they put on the new and improved part. So I was wondering have any of you had this fixed under warranty and then have it break again later? Hopefully that doesn't happen to me since he told me it'd be a $1500 job if it wasn't a warranty issue. Also I first called the dealer where I bought the truck and they told me if I didn't have all documentation showing my truck had been worked on that it wouldn't be covered. I called a second dealer and they said it'd be no problem as long as I was under the mileage for the warranty and they'd even give me a rental car.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mine wasn't making any noise yet.I just wanted to get it done before i ran over in miles.They were worn down pretty good.I might have gotten another 5k miles out of it.They wouldn't let me work on my own truck due to another tech who did some warranty repairs without getting it approved,so he ruined it for everyone.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am worried, as I am about 400 miles from powertrain warranty running out. The last thing I want is that to go after the warranty is out. It is honestly the only thing that worries me about keeping this truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.