Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Time to lift, but which kit to go with?

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  BLK08NISMO 
There are other lift options as well depending on how high you want to go. I am in the same boat as you and am eventually planning to upgrade what I have. Actually, the PRG spacer lift is fine for looks, not sure about function as I havent really taken it offroad. I havent had any UCA contact yet, but drive fairly conservative.

Anyway, some other options are:

Old Man Emu struts and springs. Lift is around 1.5" - 2"s, here it rides like a dream.

For a little additional lift I was wondering how the Bilstein adjutables set at .5" to 1" with OME coils would do. I dont think anyone has tried it yet. I hear Bilstein adjustables ride like crap at the full 2" setting (however Tacoma guys run it all the time without complaint and seems like it works fine for them, not sure whats different). So this way you should still get decent ride and a little more lift than with the OME struts.

I live in the NW so there is no salt here (not trying to rub it in). However it does rain all the time. What is the life of coilovers with occasional minor trail offroading, mostly freeway commuting?

I was thinking of going the OME route due to durability and no maint. But it will still cost me around $500 where I could spend a few hundred more and get coilovers.

And I think Mike mentioned one time that you dont necessarily have to get the UCA's with the coilovers, you can always upgrade later?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.